Monday, April 13, 2020

L is for.. Love that Increases




We say the same things at the same time
And then do exactly the opposite
We love the same food, same movies, same places
And then differ - bit by bit.

I don’t know how marriage works
It just works automatically for you and me
Thank you for teaching me what true love really is
Because what we have is as pure as it can be.

With all the things you say and do
I can't believe how easy life is
May our love stay how it is right now
- A kind of love that increases.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love is my most favourite thing in the world. It is not just romantic love, it is that warm, fuzzy feeling that I feel with some people, things, places and all that life entails. Howeverrrrr, I write poems on only romantic love - this one comes from my 10th anniversary and each word of it is from the heart.

Travel stories, fiction and poetry, my AtoZ 2020 challenege is going well so far!




11 comments:

  1. Lovely poem Nisha... Each and every word of this can be related to... If love can be described and logicized and scientified then I guess it can't be love :)!Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful poem! 'Love' only evolves over time and it is wise to find the true meaning of it with changing aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True how love can make everything so comfortable and easy. Happy anniversary to you! Long live love! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Nisha! I wish your love grows from strength to strength!
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written Nisha :)

    They say taking someone for granted is the highest form of love. I believe this to be true :)

    Cheers,
    CRD

    Episode 10 in the series 'Idiosyncrasies of a Covidiot"

    JAMBOREE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully penned!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)