Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B is for... Blogging - my love!


You may know me in person but you may not know me at all;
you know me through this blog, and you know me inside out!

We all live dual personalities - one for the world outside and one for our closest people. Sometimes there is a third person inside you who doesn't come out unless there is a creative outlet. I guess that happens with writers, painters, singers... I may not be a writer per se... but I do write moderately well. So, scribbling here  gave me a platform to speak from my heart and I fell in love with it.

I started this journey in 2007 when a cousin of mine told me what it was. I was hooked from the first moment. She told me to customize it and make it theme based. I am glad I did not take that advice. I made this a personal blog and wrote whatever I wanted to. Initially I forced my closest friends to read. Thereafter it was open to strangers. I read a few blogs, commented and replied to their comments. Some stayed, some left, but the circle never stopped growing and I met some wonderful people through this medium. 

In the last few years I realised that nothing sells without good marketing. Bloggers tweeted, promoted their posts on facebook, pinned, instagrammed, the works. Of course most of them write well - afterall content is king. But if you need hits followed by a good rank on Google, you need to push your page. So I decided to stick to promotion on blogging communities and wait for the right time for known people to come here. Anyway, I'm assuming, they will just come here for some juicy gossip which I am certainly not ready to supply!

Apart from being my best friend who listens, this blog is such a morale booster. So many people come here and make genuine remarks. Some laugh, some smile and a few others nod along. I do have regular readers - mostly people who have decided to remain anonymous! But I am not complaining. Just the other day a dear friend told me that she checks my blog every night - I had no clue whatsoever. Hearing that made me feel so good - just like those umpteen visits by random people do.

And so I keep coming back here, several times a day, to acknowledge its presence and confess my love!

47 comments:

  1. Alok Vats4/02/2014

    Great to hear this that B is for Blogging, blogging being the love of my life as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Ah, wonder how life would have been if there was no blogosphere :)

      Delete
    2. I am your big fan

      Delete
  2. You nailed it -- one of the reasons we blog -- such a morale booster. So many people come here and make genuine remarks. Some laugh, some smile and a few others nod along. These are the things I put in my warm, fuzzy file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Carol! Blogging gives people like us a reason to smile. What more do we want on a day to day basis?

      Delete
  3. I just started my blog last month and i already find it relaxing! I too didnt want to stick to one theme & limit my content. I really enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Avie. You will love your journey.

      Delete
  4. I too blog for myself. Not for anyone else. It is my love as well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think only those who write for themselves survive this space. Kudos to your 5 years here!

      Delete
  5. Blogging has to be the first hobby that I have been persistent with. Nothing else has stood the sand of time. My blog is not theme based too but for some reason I am happy with the the theme 'SELF DEPRECIATION' or crass humour. Hah!
    It also is a morale booster like you said. I do promote my blog because afterall why would you write on a web page if you do not want people to read. As well as write in your personal diary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken! Frankly I don't have a strong argument against promotion on social networking sites. I've been giving it a thought, lets see.
      I love your self depreciation... stick to it!

      Delete
  6. I am addicted to blogging... Its my life and breadth. I could relate to your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a simple platform and so many followers; may blogging be blessed :)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4/02/2014

    Indeed B is for blogging and books too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, for ardent book lovers. Unfortunately I am not one!

      Delete
  8. Blogging...so apt for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Instagramming for selfie addicts :D
      Oops, I should not compare this sacred space with that crap!

      Delete
  9. Thank God that we discovered our blogs and re-discovered ourselves through them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pity those who are too lazy to post and are missing this awesome experience!

      Delete
  10. I also started my journey in 2007, and heck it highly addictive. Good Luck for the A-to-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, seven years and counting. That's longer than my marriage so far :)

      Delete
  11. Blogging is also the love of my life! I can't imagine myself without it..It's an addiction, a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, such an amazing medium for amateurs like us!

      Delete
  12. If blogs didn't exist then neither would we :-) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! How else would I know you :)

      Delete
  13. Blogging is my love too! Next comes Cal :P

    I'm so thankful to blogspot for introducing me to you and the other wonderful people out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo, me too!! But I wouldn't put the Boy after blogging. I would rather write in a diary if I had to choose :)

      Delete
  14. Anonymous4/02/2014

    Thank God for the blogs or we would all be trapped souls. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. This place is such a healer.

      Delete
  15. I started blogging last year ..and it has been a proud extension of my being.. I need to promote it more..But whatever acceptance I have got in this one year is reassuring.. B for Bloggers has to be Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. I've survived 7 years without any aggressive promotion. Your love for it will help you make it successful :)

      Delete
  16. I could hear my own voice as I read ur post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all truly, madly and deeply in love with our blogs! :)

      Delete
  17. Through blogging I have discovered myself...so I know exactly what you mean! This is awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts. If I was not blogging, I wouldn't know myself this well.

      Delete
  18. yeah..when you say you blog, the first thing people ask is about what? Its hard to explain the "personal" blog theme unlike others..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And personal does attract some undue attention! I am not complaining... where else can I rant like this :)

      Delete
  19. Hi Lovely post, I started blogging just few days back and am totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it... just wait and watch!

      Delete
  20. Blogging is breaths is Take to survive.I feel blessed to have found such beautiful people all together at one place..Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, true. We have many like minded people here. You won't find this camaraderie anywhere else.

      Delete
  21. Anonymous4/03/2014

    I couldn't agree more. Through my blog I have now met, although virtually, so many wonderful people from so many different places that I would never have gotten to know in real life. It's like time travel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know each comment here is further deepening my love for this space! Blogger actually means so much to all of us.

      Delete
  22. Hmm I m here for the first time and I see this post... We share the same love! :-D
    It hasnt even been a year for me on Blogger and I am addicted to it like its my water and air! I totally understand your love :-) and share your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is simply awesome! You will love your journey. Take it from someone who has been around for almost 7 years.

      Delete
  23. I was going to write about my blog world for my B post.. But then I did something else.. I agree, its so so wonderful to be a part of this community.. I am hooked on to Blogging now. And so many things you have said here, are so true for me too.. Just loving the Blog-O-Sphere !! Glad to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)