Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for...Dieting!



The whole world seems to be on a diet. Green tea has taken over Butter, Ghee and Chocolate Mousse. And if you do consume these in large quantities, several cups of Green Tea after a meal makes up for everything. Yes, everyone has interesting tips like these. Over the years I have learnt a lot as well. Let me share these with you absolutely for free: 

* Find a table next to someone who has ordered a salad. You might develop taste for it since the food on the other table is always better than what you have ordered.

* Weigh yourself for a few nights before going on a holiday. When you come back, weigh yourself in the morning. That way you will put on less weight.

* Beer has fewer calories than any cocktail. It makes you feel happy and rejuvenated. Not only that, you even burn calories by laughing/crying and dancing around like morons. Stick to it. 

* The worst thing about dieting is that you start calling frozen yoghurt, ‘Ice Cream’ and salad, ‘Meal’. Deal with it.

* Surround yourself with people who weigh more than you. Being the thinnest at 70 kgs is an awesome feeling. 

* Start loving the mountains. You can cover your beach body in layers and fool everyone.

* The best Aasana for pictures is this - stand side ways, breathe in, tilt one leg slightly and bend your elbows. This is an instant way to look atleast 5 kgs less.

* Start following several religions. Muslims fast during Ramzaan, Hindus have their Navratras and Jains finish their meals by 4. You might eat regular meals for only about 50 days in a year. 

* Always blame your genes. Nothing is more satisfying than putting the fault on the parents.

* Last but not the least, botox is becoming a trend. Be happy that you are naturally large and saving so much money!

43 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/04/2014

    Loved the pun, the satire, the post and your awesome way of dieting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultimately we will have to come to this only. Leaving rice, potato, ice cream, etc is certainly not working for me!

      Delete
  2. Ahem, so this is why I love winters. I can cover up my beach body and fool everyone. Now who is eating salad in this resto. I need to find her and sit near her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be me, Red. I have discovered a few salads which actually taste good. Mind you, they have loads of dressing and cheese... soooo :)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha ha..awesome gyaan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Loved the satirical take on dieting! :D
    Follow several religions is the best! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe God will become kind and help you lose weight :)

      Delete
  5. Haha! That was hilarious! I guess dieting is really about leaving what you love to best because you've been overdoing it! ANd it applies not just for food! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dieting is a curse, I tell you. Whatever happened to 'I live to eat' ... I don't here anyone saying that anymore!

      Delete
  6. hahah loved the bit about Beer !

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dieting has been toughest topic in my whole life!! I never passed in it :P Let me find a person who eats salad at least ;) Awesome post :D

    Swathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it... dieting sucks. But we have to pay for all those cheesecakes and plates of chicken biryani sometime or the other!

      Delete
  8. Beer, satire, and some pun - The best dieting related write up ever!!! You are a rockstar to deal such a tough topic with so much fun!!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just in love with your blog title - I am Stri!! You too are a rockstar to come up with something like that!

      Delete
  9. lol, I love your diet tips, especially about the genes, cos I blame them all the time!
    Damyanti Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2014, Latest Post

    Twitter: @damyantig
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting take on diets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of your tips are so easy and practical that one can get deceived that she is dieting!!A fun post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't doubt me... I actually use these tips!!! :)

      Delete
  12. So, that explains why I have never been successful with dieting, I was missing these helpful tips ;) Like your post, Nisha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. you never came to the real Guru of dieting! Now you have my blessings ;)

      Delete
  13. I like this diet. And here I was worrying unnecessarily looking around for a gym for my one month in Lucknow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now stop procrastinating and start following my tips. All that chaat and kebabs need to be digested!

      Delete
  14. Hahahaha I so love this! I've been trying to diet since like forever and have failed miserably!

    Shall try your tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So if these tips work, am I in for a bigggg treat??

      Delete
  15. Again I lost my comment!!! Arrrgh! Anyway I loved your dieting tips seem so painfree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again meaning? Your comment is right there, Tulika. Thankyou for dropping by!

      Delete
  16. Hahaha... I loved your take on dieting... Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Rajlakshmi. Hope these help you or someone you know :D

      Delete
  17. Love you refreshing take on dieting. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always been against dieting but you make it sound so much fun! :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yea.. try new salads and and drool on frozen yoghurts.. that's fun :p

      Delete
  19. frozen yoghurt, ‘Ice Cream’ and salad, being thinnest among 70 kgs is an awesome feeling, and the picture things, some of the people on healthier side do that! Every point here is awesome. Laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know. I click pictures like that too. Otherwise my arms look fat!!! All this is from experience :D

      Delete
  20. I must follow these tips, especially, surround yourself with people who weigh more than you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing about these friends is that they tell you, 'You don't need to diet, you are perfect'! What else do you want!

      Delete
  21. As a matter of fact I follow these whenever I want to loose a lil. . Not that I am overweight or anything. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, now you are the type of person I wouldn't want to stand with. I would always be the fat one!

      Delete
  22. Hee he Sweet post, enjoyed readin it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaaha.. awesome.. Should try the one for taking pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)