Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for... Life’s Lesson



Dear Life, You suck.
But you know what, I know how to duck.
So when you give me lemons, I concoct a Mojito,
I am smart that way, just to let you know.

On a dull day they tell me to count my blessings,
They press on that and tell me how I’ve had a fair innings.
Deep inside they feel happy,
On how they are glad today and I am somehow feeling gloomy.

But I know how to fool them too,
I sing and dance and jump even when I am blue.
They then grow dark green with jealousy,
Seeing that makes me very, very happy!

Sadist you say, yes, probably that’s what we all are,
Nothing makes us feel better than someone else’s despair, how bizarre!
'Look below yourself and suddenly you feel rich':
That commandment is probably happiness’s best sales pitch.

I am not being sarcastic; this is an honest confession.
Try it; happiness will thus follow gloom in quick succession.
When all fundas fail, look at someone more miserable than you,
That’s the irony, life sucks big time for everyone else too.

26 comments:

  1. This was awesome Nisha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have ever known and done is love my life and give a shit about others' as long as they don't affect me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they do. How else will you feel better about yourself!?! I am just kidding; to each his own :)

      Delete
  3. hahah QUIRKY INSPIRATION!
    AWesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. You got it absolutely right!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am so glad Anita that you read our A to Z posts everyday! Hope you enjoying them.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4/14/2014

    Tragedy of life, isn't it! someone else's misery becomes happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure makes us feel better.

      Delete
  6. Excellent! Loved the perspective as well! If all could see life this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of us fail to see even this! It is the simplest way to takes things by our stride, isn't it?

      Delete
  7. hehe :-D thats life and its truth! good one nisha :)

    http://swathishenoy.blogspot.com/
    a-z participant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitter truth! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. I loved this. Life sucks made me giggle! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What else can we do except giggle! Thankyou!

      Delete
  9. A very interesting perspective on life!! So true and so right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha the last line. Brilliant!

    Loveeeeeeeeeee the new look and your new pic, heroine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually waiting for you to comment on that. Forgot to mail you back on the header story. Will dooo
      And yess.. thankyou! :*

      Delete
  11. I love the attitude in your poem :) beautifully penned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless there is attitude, nobody listens. Sooo!

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)