We all know how to ace at travelling. Just by increasing our country/city count, we can be champions at the game everyone just loves to play. But hey, there are things you do that can take that away from you. Let me tell you a few ways in which you can totally suck at travelling so that no one ever envies you!
* Airline food is usually unappetising. You could carry a thepla with raw mango achaar. The aroma will fill the sky and your fellow travellers will thank you for the delightful journey.
* Talk loudly on the phone after the steward has told you to switch off all electronic devices for your own safety. You could even stand up and take out your paan masala from the overhead compartment at this very crucial and impressionable time.
* Carry a selfie stick with you all the time. And then, post pictures of you and your family on social networking sites. Don’t forget to mention where you are, because with your face covering the entire screen, it is hard to figure out the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the background.
* Selfies also make for a memorable album. You would love to see hundreds of close-ups of yourself ten years from now. For comfort, I would advice you to rename the pictures with the place of visit - just to remind you how you looked like when you visited, say, Dal lake.
* Eat all your meals at McDonalds.
* Get an internet connection and surf the net while watching the sun go down.
* Crib about lack of activities when you come back from a vacation. After all, you don’t always get what you expected.
* Shop lots – you need clothes, bags, shoes to fill your home; not memories to fill your life.
* Ogle at bikini clad babes on the beach. You have a reputation to live up to!
* Have a check-list – from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* After you come back, for years and years, repeat stories at every given opportunity. Start with – ‘You know when we went to…’. However, talking on your blog about your trip is totally cool and doesn't have the same affect. *wink*
And that my friend will make you the worst traveller ever. It will act like that evil eye charm. The world will silently hate you but you’d be you – a yucky traveller for life!