Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z is for... Z to A April Challenge



Phew! I am happy to report that I have written more posts this month than I wrote in the whole of 2009 and 2010! April has been a journey of sorts and Z seems relevant to talk about the month gone by.

I took up this challenge just because I saw two people on my blogroll planning to pursue it. Just like that, without thinking, I joined the bandwagon. April was going to be a boring month and my blog had been ignored for quite some time; this seemed like the right thing to do. 

Little did I know that April will turn out to be hectic like all other months! Guests left on 1st April and I wanted some time to breathe. On 5th we left for Bangladesh which turned out to be hectic and fun at the same time. I need adequate time to rest after long journeys and so I thought I won’t do justice to the challenge. Turns out, blogging was a great relaxant.

Somewhere in the middle of the month I developed a strange muscle strain in my back. I’ve been unable to sleep at night due to it. Trust me, this blogging challenge has been my Savior every night when I wake up at 3 a.m. due to severe back ache. Because of this, I concentrate more on alphabets rather than the nagging pain. I’m seeing a doctor and a physiotherapist and hope to be fine soon.

I chose to write about mundane stuff each day. I thought of words starting with the alphabet and tried to pick ones which could be relatable. I know I can’t make people roll on the floor, but I tried. Going by the statistics, the readership on weekends was pretty low. Going by views and comments, H for Husband was applauded the most. Here also, he seems to have stolen the show! M for Mutual Admiration Club seemed like it made an interesting read because people took time to comment on it. Aunty, Dieting, Selfies and Weather were probably a tad funny to generate some hahas. I had the hardest time writing for Y and so I just churned a quick story. I did cheat twice and used my old poems for V and P, but I guess that’s allowed! And just to let you know, I might have to delete X soon because it is drawing unwanted visitors.

The second part of the challenge was commenting on other blogs which I’m sorry I was unable to do on a regular basis. I would really want to thank Soumya, Nabanita, Shine, Kathy, Carol, Shilpa, Srilakshmi, Enchantress, Somehonestwriting, Danny, Rajlakshmi, Swathi, Ananya, Shailaja, Beloo and many more bloggers who took part in this challenge and made a point to comment frequently. Special mention goes to Red, Anita, Prassana, KP and Thinker – these read my blog religiously even without participating in the challenge and that is really something!

And yes, lots of love to non-bloggers who read. My darling friend Aradhana even messaged me one Sunday night mentioning that I forgot to blog that day! I then told her that Sunday was a holiday for us. Needless to say, I was elated at her dedication. When people just come to blogger to read, it means I am doing something right, right?

This is probably the longest post of the month. I tried to keep it short and simple. I am sure I made lots of grammatical errors because I did not edit much and also because it is a weak point here. I am trying to work on that. More than anything, this challenge has been a great learning process. I hope I continue to write as often.

I would love it if you could tell me what you liked and what you did not; a fair evaluation would really help me grow. You can comment as Anonymous as well and I promise not to complain. Any which way,  much love and happy reading, guys! This has been fun :)

P.S. I am already feeling withdrawal symptoms. Are you feeling them too? What should we do now!?

33 comments:

  1. Phew indeed! I must say it's the first time for me too and I have written the max posts in this one month in my whole blogging career! Hope to keep in touch after this too...great to have met you through this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Danny! I hope we keep challenging ourselves the same way in the time to come :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, siree! You're on my reading list!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/30/2014

    Applause. I can't even think of going for an A to Z challenge. Blogging everyday is just not my cup of tea so hats off to you for doing that and that too commendably. I actually liked your X post too but i am sure the unwanted visitors must be making your spam folder over flow :) I loved V for victory? It was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jas, firstly, thankyou so much for visiting so frequently! I like your writing so much that when you praise something, I feel I've actually done a good job :)

      Trust me, if you can read blogs everyday, you can write posts everyday as well. Maybe plan ahead a little and schedule a few posts before hand. I think this thing happens 3-4 times a year, do try and participate.

      Delete
  3. Aww thanks for the mention...it was a pleasure as always reading you.. and I'm happy you completed it successfully ! I hope you get well soon.. Pain in the neck can really be a pain in the neck ! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Anita! For all the love and support :)

      Delete
  4. A good final post for the challenge - a summary of sorts, a looking back, and an update - all combined into one :) Nicely done! I am happy to have discovered your blog through this challenge and I hope to continue visiting it even beyond this month :) And I see that I haven't really read many of your A-Z posts, hope to go through them in the next few days. Did I tell you, I am so intrigued by your blog name. Very creative :) Thanks for the kind mention. And I wish you speedy recovery and good health. Take care, and stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! My blog name was a random idea 7 years back.. maybe because my teeth aren't straight! I never knew I will come this far and this blog would reach places. Hope to explain this to many more people..hehe!

      Delete
  5. HEHEH...I love reading your blog with or without this Challenge! You will find me looming around always !! :D
    Congratulations on finishing the challenge properly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet!! May God give you more patience to loom around!

      Delete
  6. Hi Nisha,

    Have been reading your blog, but commenting here for the first time :) This is a nice round up post ! Congrats on surviving the challenge !
    I have missed some posts of yours, which I'll get back to, soon :)
    Thanks for visiting me during the challenge and for the encouragement ! :)
    Keep writing, let's stay connected !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for coming out in the open! You know how we all are suckers for comments :D
      Hope to keep reading. This Z post is turning out to be like a farewell party!!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Congrats on the big number...sometimes v need such challenges to break the inertia. Hope u get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a great feeling of achievement, Shaivi. Thankyou for coming here as often as you do. Thankyou for all the encouragement :)

      Delete
  8. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy we did it!!! :D

    Looking back now I think how soon this month went by! And I agree too that readership was less during the weekends. Thanks for being by my side too and for every single comment in every single post of mine for this month. I loved everything you wrote and I can't believe you have to delete 'X'. I loved that post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I need to show you the kind of things people are searching and coming here through X! It makes me sick! I have no choice.

      I took part because of you... seriously. I thought if she can be so busy but still write as often, why can't I ! So yes, I should be thanking you for everything. Yayyy to us!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations, you did it!!! April was one wild ride. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. You're a darling, Kathy! It was always a pleasure to read your comments.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous4/30/2014

    Yay we did it :). Kudos to you for completing the challenge successfully with such variety to serve us. You are the only one among the very few I was reading who was so religious with the timing of post as well. I stand guilty of not commenting lately; TBH's typhoid, guests at home and other things caught me. But one thing that was a part of my morning ritual was reading you every single day as soon as I wake up.

    Again big wala congratulations Girl, and give some rest to the back now. How is it now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok.. reading is more important than commenting!! Thankyou for the love, N! I read all your entries too :)
      I think the back ache is improving.. still a few days till I fully recover I guess. Take care of your husband. Hope he is well now.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous4/30/2014

    Well done, Nisha and congrats for finishing in style despite the hectic schedule. We are champions:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess.. kudos to us!!! Hope we keep the momentum going.

      Delete
  12. Congrats... You did it!!! I am sure it would have been superb to write just as it was for us to read...
    Sorry I didn't actually read the last few of your posts, have been busy with exams... But thanku so much for the spcl mention :-*
    I hope you wud continue to write your amazing stuff...
    My fav was T - your trip report
    I was jealous but by reading yours experience, I actually felt I was there... Gr8 feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trip report was my favorite part of the month. I was soooo thrilled by the whole experience. Lots and lots of love to you! May you do really well in your exams.

      Delete
    2. Thank u sooooo much!!!

      Delete
  13. Hey Congratulations and yes its been a lonnng month !
    We have survived the challenge !
    http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/04/zeal-for-life.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did. And I loved your posts. Thankyou for dropping by!

      Delete
  14. Thanks a lot for the mention Nisha. I am totally in withdrawal state, but now I plan to write often, the challenge taught me that I can find time to write, no matter how busy I am. It was a great journey through the challenge. Congratulations for sailing through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I also hope to continue. It was a terrific challenge.

      Delete
  15. True April was a hectic month, but reading blogs was also a pleasure. Hope you are feeling better now :) and thank you so much for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your H for Hubby and other one about Food the MOST ! I used to wake up thinking about the letter and it's content .It was sooper funnnnnn..Got to know few great bloggers and Missed the last few alphabets which I am working on now..sounds illegal lol

    It was FUN Nishaaaaa and we kinda got the same mails lol :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nisha ji

    i m reading your blog,....the first time nice post ! Congrats :))

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)