Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for - Excitement!



Warning - You might be super jealous after reading this post. FYI, I am wearing an evil eye bracelet to protect myself ;)

So, did you see the ICC World Cup 20-20 Semi-Final between India and South Africa? India won...Yippeee!! So, would you be watching the Final match on Sunday? I will be watching too. Just that... I will be going to Dhaka and watching it LIVE from the Sher-e-Bangla stadium!!!!

No, no, no. This is no April Fool prank. Let me tell you what happened: A few days back the Boy entered a lucky draw happening on our cable subscription website. There were a hundred lucky winners and we were two of them. Why two? – well, it’s a long story which ends in two mammoth discount booklets instead of one. We sold off one. Yes, we made a profit from a very useful prize!

He got so excited that he entered all lucky draws that were/are suppose to happen on that site. One of the prizes was 2 of 10 tickets, return flights by Emirates and a 5-star hotel stay for ICC Twenty-Twenty world cup final in Bangladesh (mind you, the teams are staying in the same hotel!). We did not win the first draw. Apparently someone canceled and we got lucky. So now, you can look for me when you watch the match!!

This weekend was suppose to be awesome in Bahrain as well.  The biggest annual event of the country is on and we had bought the best seat tickets for Formula 1 race. This year they have scheduled a night race with Scorpions and Avicii as performers. We were damn excited for that too. So this news did not excite me at all. The Boy then convinced me that this Dhaka thing was FREE!! Plus, obviously it was cricket. And so I prayed for the likes of Dhoni, Virat, Yuvraj, Jadejas and several others whom I don't know at all to do well and reach the finals.

I've been glued to the matches since we got the news. When India won the semi-final I was jumping with joy. I just wanted to hug and kiss Virat Kohli! Seriously, I've never been this excited for a match! I don't know how excited I will be if India wins the World Cup as well. Anyway, now that I've made you jealous enough, I leave you all with a recent picture of us. If I do manage to come on the screen, I might laugh out really loud. Please clap for me! 

Moi with the Boy who's sporting Dhoni like grey hair now!!
P.S. I have scheduled the A to Z posts so you will be able to read behind my back. I might not be able to check my blog because, you see, we might not be able to afford Internet in a 5-star property (unless that too is free)! When I return, be prepared to be tortured with several pictures from Bangla land!

30 comments:

  1. Hey nice post, Happy journey and have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Ananya. I did have a great time.

      Delete
  2. I envy you both.It would be pretty nice to watch in person and cheer the Indian team.But SL is no push over.We need a repeat from Kohli and Ashwin..I am sure you will have value for your money though it is free for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH we had a wonderful time. Winning or losing is a part of the game. We enjoyed every ball. And Virat totally rocks!

      Delete
  3. Haha... God Bless you gal :D remember us cribbing on not winning anything "much" this year... you're on a roll ! And yes, give us ideas where to look for u all... what dress. where etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I am here now and all I know is that I am adjacent to the best areas!! We have to buy clothes tomorrow.. oh its tooooo exciting!!! Tv or no tv.. I will show you guys pics here :)
      And yes I remember ..hahaha

      Delete
  4. AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME!!!
    Go enjoy it all!! Come on TV! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did come on TV for a fraction of a second! Only few were able to spot :/



      Delete
  5. I am a big cricket fan and hell I am definitely jealous!!!! :-(
    Anywayz congrats and have fun :-D
    (take me with you :-P )
    GO INDIA GO
    I will b sure to look for u on the TV ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think now that India has lost your jealousy must have come down! Although we had a greattt time!

      Delete
  6. That's awesome! Have fun!! Will clap on seeing you onscreen ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult to spot me. I hope you were clapping all along... even though we lost.

      Delete
  7. Go on girl, have the fun of your life ;)
    Bdw, when you will return, you will be delighted to see a new reader of your blog :D
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome to see so many new people through this April challenge. Thankyou for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. Wow! You are super lucky! Go on and enjoy and cheer for India and see India win in the Finals too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we didn't win. But it was lots of fun nevertheless.

      Delete
  9. WOW, that is exciting! You go girl and have an awesome time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! We did have an awesome time!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous4/06/2014

    omg omg you two are two lucky souls when it comes to winning such contests and draws. Before you I never knew someone who wins so religiously. This is awesome. I will be watching every second of the match to spot you on TV :P Have a great time guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellll... we have been lucky 2-3 times now. But these gadgets are all my hard work on the blog! So it is not all luck; there is some talent there as well!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I doubt you were able to spot us. My own family could not!

      Delete
  12. your evil eye bracelet won't be able to help u much
    m that Jealous of u Nishaa

    btw u look pretty...preity zinta types pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so adorable E to say that. A couple of people did mention that a few years back but now I thought my 'beauty' was fading! Thankyou for saying it, really.

      Delete
  13. MAJOR jealousy happening :P

    But damn, we lost :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God we lost. Imagine how jealous you would have been if we did manage to win.

      Delete
  14. hahahhaa... can I be the spoil sport and remind u now that we lost the match... :P
    probably the evil eye bracelet didnt really help ! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.. somehow the loss was not that heartbreaking. We were really a sport. Seeing the long faces of the players the next day in the hotel did make us feel bad for them.

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)