Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Days of our Lives

Every morning, I wake up around 6:15 in the morning to make breakfast for the Boy. I pack his lunch and a box of fruits. He likes to eat all kinds of things in the morning - except something that is easy to make. Like he despises cereals. But I'm not complaining.

I just love to pamper him and get pampered in return. I feel super guilty if I don't make a meal. He's okay with eating outside, but I'm not. Not on weekdays that is. Weekends are something I look forward to. We eat atleast 3 meals outside and that makes up for the week.

Our weekends are special. We laze around at home and watch a tv series or a movie. We go on long drives, from one end of the country to the other. We go for breakfast, coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, brunch, everything. And we never plan. We kind of just get up one moment and go out the other. Sometimes we decide where we will go only once we sit in the car.

I love our time in restaurants/cafes. I don't know how, but we always have things to talk about. We've been together for 12 years now, and it is surprising that we still find things to discuss. And when we don't have anything, we play scrabble!

There will be times you will find us both glued to our screens trying to beat each other in a game. I love to make good words, and he, he just finds the scoring tiles and manages to fit his tiles in them. Sometimes he wins more than 3 games in a row. That's when it gets nasty. I beat him, bite him, and try everything in my control to just make him resign. But he doesn't.

We even play ball - you know, the catch catch kind. It's funny how we manage to keep the enthusiasm going.

It is in moments like these that I touch wood. Sometimes I feel if it is all too good to be true. I love him so much. And I feel so loved when he is around. I wait for him to kiss me in the morning before leaving for work. I wait to hug him when he comes back. When it is evening, and he is home, and if I have to go out at that time, I absolutely hate it.

It's a beautiful feeling - this love. You've got to feel it, dear reader. If you haven't felt it yet, find that someone. Don't just sit around waiting for it to happen. Go to a book club, go to a park, go online - just do it. You've got to make these days the days of your life.

P.S. I got all mushy after seeing this video. There is a little bit of me in this. There is a lot of him in this too. And I wish all of us find a piece of our story in this as well.


9 comments:

  1. Awww Awwwwwwww Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :')

    Cal and I are exactly like this. We can spend hours together talking and still not feel bored. I love cooking for him too and make sure he eats properly. I cannot imagine being away from him. I'm a fiercely independent girl, but not having him around makes me feel like a lost puppy :P

    Oh love, the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written! Love is indeed a wonderful feeling <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH! Ab Hum Kya Kahein!!
    I am glad you are so in love. May God bless you two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a 'happily ever after' is that! God Bless !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post and video made me go all aww and mush! Touch wood and may the love between you two grow with each passing day! Cheers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/26/2015

    So cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you both...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are sweet! I'm grateful for this love toooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could relate to this very much! We are a lazy couple though, we spend more time indoors talking, gaming, playing silly made up games. We go out during weekends but we plan prim and proper :P I don't know why, I get the thrill in planning and doing things and he goes along with me beautifully.

    Outside food doesn't agree with him and hence I don't let him eat anything other than healthy, tasty home-made food. Once a while, just for a break, we go to some spots where the food is as nice and healthy. Love makes the world go around and it makes the ride worthwhile too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)