Monday, January 5, 2015

The Year That was 2014

Every time I enter into a new year I feel how quickly the last year passed. Last new year's eve appears as a blur and it feels it was such a long time ago. I don't know if it is a good thing or no, but since I love my life so much, I'd take everything positively!

If I had to describe 2014 in two words, I'd say Luck and Travel. I have not traveled so much ever in my life! And... me and the Boy have never won anything just based on luck. Yes, I do win writing contests, but I think luck has very little to do with them. So this year was totally unique in that sense.

We started off with winning two Entertainer booklets - one by chance and the second because of a complaint! These booklets have thousands of one-free-with-one coupons that can be used in several restaurants, salons, recreational places, etc, etc. This was followed by a random question on Facebook during the IPL final that made us win some Chinese portable speakers. Then came the biggest win that felt like a dream. I mean how many of us win an all-expense paid trip? Even though it was Bangladesh for a Cricket 20-20 World Cup final, we were super thrilled. That trip remains one of my most favorite trips ever.

During the FIFA World Cup we use to go to this Hookah place to watch the matches. They use to have a lucky draw during half time. Not even once did we not win!! They were small gifts like coke cans and sun-glasses and t-shirts, but we are really not complaining! We were just waiting for our lucky streak to get over when I participated in some silly Facebook draw (that too in arabic!) and won an iPad mini. Just writing it here gives me goosebumps!!

Wait, I'm not done yet! As the year was ending, the alcohol store here was giving away free beer mugs. We won two sets!! Twitter was kind too - a creative contest on Shaadi.com gave me A Samsung Fit gear watch. Really, I couldn't believe my luck!!

As for blogger - this year was better than ever before. I won an iPad, a hard disk, an Asus Smartphone, and vouchers worth around Rs. 10,000. It's so exciting to be chosen amongst hundreds for your writing skills. I'm so grateful for this.

On the travel front, we added three countries to our list - Bangladesh, Austria and Greece. We went to India three times - twice for parents and once for two weddings. It was thrilling to get a tan before the last tan faded off. My suitcase was out most of the year because I was too lazy to put it inside and then take it out again. I think that's the greatest joy one can have!

Love grew stronger, friendships grew better and life changed for good. Health did worsen, but that's age and I have decided not to complain. 2014, you were kind. I have lots of plans for 2015 and I am sure I'll be writing a happy post for this year as well.

On that note, Wish you all a Very Happy New Year. Lots of Luck and Travel to you tooo!!

P.S. Lots of small contests keep coming and sometimes we have to come up with a post within an hour. Most of the times I don't relate to the product. But then, those flipkart vouchers are fun to win. So, dear regular readers, do excuse me once in a while (read: 15-20 days). Actually the Boy has been laughing on these contests and so I thought I should clear this up!

8 comments:

  1. Woah, pretttty good haul for 2014! :) It's always, always nice to win something. Luck? Good juju? Whatever it is, I hope it stays put this year as well.. Happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, more power to you in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome :) Golden rule - keep on scheming with me! Now, we plan our itinerary for 2015 on how to bug God to give us more this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U had a sooper fun year Nisha :) God bless d lovely couple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! So how many gadgets do you now have? o_O
    I lost my count :-P
    Great yaar!!! You won so much :o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Keep rocking! Luck and Travel for 2014, so maybe more luck, travel and happiness for 2015?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations dear. Loved reading out your experiences. Very nice. Do achieve more...Happy New Year 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 2014 was super good for you ! And yeah writing contests and winning has little to do with luck...random draws and lucky dips were never my friends though :-( Hope you have a lucky and blessed year 2015 !

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)