Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grateful

This week I’ll be celebrating my 31st birthday. Considering the kind of year it has been, I can safely say life after 30 is not exactly the same as before. Maybe it changed for me a year prior to that or maybe it changed six months later, but it does change. No matter how hard you try, staying up and partying from dusk to dawn is not easy. And that is just one silly, minuscule aspect of it.

Health-wise it was one of the worst years for me. There were weeks when even walking wasn’t easy. Of course I did not give up. One of the most important things to do in distress is to stay calm so that you can think clearly. I did and thankfully discovered new ways to protect myself in the process. Hopefully, they will work in the future as well. If they don’t, I would start afresh. Yeah, I am 31 and wise!

Owing to this, I had plenty of mood swings. Since I am so over-the-top optimistic, I kept the smile going. This really confused my brain and I felt elated and low at the same time. Stupid brain I tell you – it can be fooled very easily which further strengthens my belief in the supreme power of the subconscious mind

Anyway, let me not blame it on the poor 30’s. Shit happens. Amidst all that, plenty of good things happened too. Like I travelled so much. Like the way I received unfathomable amount of love from the Boy, my family and my friends. The blogging world is a huge blessing which helps me keep sane at all times. Love came from unexpected quarters just like these two complete strangers who praised my writing through email. Now these are non-bloggers whom I don’t know. And when praise comes from such sources, you can’t imagine the happiness. Let me quote them and show-off (it is my birthday week afterall!):

Dear Nisha,
I just wanted to drop in a line to say that you write so beautifully, I just cant stop reading.
The best part is that your writing is so simple, earthy and unpretentious that it never fails to put a smile on my face, irrespective of how my day is going.
I really feel (if I'm aloud to feel out loud), you should write more often. (Although you would be getting that a lot) :)
Do write a book..which will be followed by many I feel..!!
 P.S You might have your own cross to bear (which I can make out from your blog), So hope you find your way over it or around it..:)
God bless you always..!! 

Hi Nisha,
Your blog is so wonderful, that i have been reading it the whole afternoon right upto your Jan 2012 posts.
It made me smile, which is tough these days coz i'm goin through tough times...!!
I must have felt like this after 2 weeks..which is a long time for me...Thank you..God bless..!!

When you read such heart warming messages you really feel blessed and every problem becomes a secondary issue. And so, whenever things weren’t so hunky dory, I assumed that somewhere out there was a guardian angel looking out for me. Probably you were one of them... it just makes me so grateful. 

15 comments:

  1. You write extremely well and you must be aware of it.Why do you need an assurance from others though a pat from strangers does much to boost our spirit and self esteem?I find writing for me is a tonic when I am sullen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be frank KP, I think I have a very,very long way to go. Compliments help me boost my confidence. It also gives me direction. So yes, I think I am the types who does need an assurance a lot of times :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday girl... here's wishing you an awesome year ahead with no more pain and a few pleasant surprises as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Aapke munh mein ghee shakkar :D

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11/10/2013

    Those messages are so sweet !!

    And hapyyyyyy birthdayyyyyyy :D :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a happier and healthier year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Maithili! Welcome here!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday and keep blogging nisha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy birthday to you, Nisha! Stay happy, healthy and blessed all year through! And keep writing! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday darling! I'm sure you'll sail through everything that comes your way. You are brilliant you know that right?

    Take care of your health and these mails are just a tip of the iceberg. There are a million people out there, like me, who totally adore you and your writing. I thank blogspot for a lot of people and you top the list.

    I mean it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now how can I reply to this comment without sounding cheesy and extremely lovey-dovey? :)
      I always thought I was awesome and people who were close to me said the same because they love me as well. But now that so many of you say the same things, I guess I'm improving!
      You are so adorable, Soumya. I've never really connected with many bloggers but I think we will go a long way. Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Nisha!!! And yes, you can write a book. Give it a thought. :)
    Take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)