Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A post that goes nowhere

Packing for a vacation is a tricky business. Some, like the Boy, pack 1/2 an hour before leaving for the airport. Some, like my SIL, start packing 3 days before the vacation. And some, like a friend's MIL has a separate set of clothes for vacations which she packs weeks in advance!

Most people are like me - we start packing about 8-18 hours before our journey, depending on the flight schedule. So, like I have a flight tomorrow afternoon, I'll try to pack most of the stuff by tonight so that I can wake up late, bathe and just leave.

I usually go for one big vacation in a year. It is like an annual event for which I even buy new clothes. We never shop during our trips because, one, the Boy hates to enter shops, and two, because we never have the budget for it!! So before leaving, I'm told to buy whatever I want so that we can spend all the money on food and booze.

This year, however, I haven't done much shopping. I have no idea what I want to pack. The temperature is going to be around 20 degrees and so, a lot of skin show won't be possible! You see, our last trip was with my in-laws. I had to be fully clothed with them. So now, I'm dreaming of shortest shorts and skimpiest dresses. Ha! What is a vacation if you don't do stuff that you usually don't do, hmm?

Now here I am, 24 hours before I have to leave for an awesome trip, having no clue what to stuff in. However, I know everything the Boy will wear. He has the privilege of not knowing what is in the suitcase till we reach our destination. He says that I am too bossy and so he leaves the packing bit to me. I think he's too lazy! Also, I can't wait till the nth hour for him to pack and he will pack clothes from another era and then he will not fold them properly and....

Ok, I'm bossy, but it's for his own good.

I don't know what I want to achieve with this post. I've been trying to write since 2 days but have come up with absolutely nothing. I don't want to talk about NaMo or Rajdeep or Bigg Boss. I have a love/hate relationship going on with Karwachauth because, although I love the festival, the feminist in me hates the idea behind it. But I don't want to write about it either.

Oh by the way, I won a prize on Blogadda and was absolutely thrilled. This month, I also gifted a laptop to my maid's daughter in Lucknow. This was from my petite earnings from the prizes I win through this blog. She called me up and said so many awesome things that my eyes welled up. It made me feel better than how I feel when I win a prize :)

Anyway, I think I should end this jigsaw post and bid adieu to you guys. We will be in Greece for the next 10 days and soon after, we will head home for Diwali. I hope I can update this space and tell you all about the handsome men and women I see on the Greek Islands.

Till then, be good.

9 comments:

  1. I also want to travel and enjoy a nice vacation. Its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    also what u did with the prizes you received through this blog is beautiful. :)
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! Have an awesome fun-filled vacation ! And do post pics !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip :) And what you did was a noble thing. Congrats on all the accloades coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was such a sweet thing to do! :) I hope you win lots and lots of prizes :D Also, have a super vacation ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to Greece? Wow, I'm jealous :)

    I'm so proud of you, you are awesome. May you win more and more then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou, sweethearts!! I'll definitely post pictures as soon as I come back.

    Winning a prize and then giving it away like this is like winning twice. I always share these things here because, I feel, it will encourage others to do the same. Hope to keep winning, giving, and then motivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/01/2014

    Greece, I have heard, is beautiful. Want to see loads of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is really commendable that you have gifted a laptop to your maid's daughter! such charities are rare and people like you are deserve a good applaud :)

    congos on winning the HD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boy sounds a lot like my guy when it comes to packing! I have to be bossy if I want us to leave on time. :)

    Enjoy the vacation! Congrats for the prizes!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)