Monday, September 30, 2013

The kind of posts I wish to write


Let me start by saying that this is my 8th post for the month of September. In my 6 years of blogging, this is the most I have written in a month. To add to this record, there are ten unfinished posts in my drafts folder for the same (idle) time period. The time I have spent writing stuff that doesn’t make any sense, I could have read so much. So today, I decided to do the same – read. 

Every time I read I realise I have such a loooong way to go. Ideas, language, words – there is a huge scope for improvement.  Anyhoo, apart from the meaningful stuff that goes around in the written world, I so wish to write on the following topics in the years to come:

*I wish to talk about adorable babies and their annoying parents. You love them, I get it. But please don’t fill my wall with their pictures. If you were my mommy/daddy and you were putting my picture in all its glory, I would have disowned you. Right from their first rain, to Janmashtami, to first day at school – you just can’t do this to them and to, well, us! Holiday season is just starting and I fear for my life!!!

*I wish to talk about sex. Yep, the stuff that happens before babies. You see, we do khi khi kheee before marriage. But after marriage, sex becomes all about ovulation, fertility and contraception. A naive girl is suddenly expected to become a sex machine and pop out babies. If there is no baby, people think the couple is not having sex. I want to clear the air – you can talk about sex and do khi khi khee long after you’ve been married and that there is no correlation between babies and the chemistry between the couple. The only thing that I am jealous of is the fact that parents have a much more adventurous time doing it with a baby sleeping next to them. What fun!

*I want to talk about the difference between Indian and American television. Owing to a recent Netflix addiction, we’ve been watching too many drugs related series. I admire the creativity that goes into making these thrillers. But I need a break from Meth! On the contrary, all we see here are saas-bahu sagas. I don’t know which culture is better – the stoned one or the one that makes you want to get stoned!

*I want to defend men on this forum. I've been blessed with an amazing set of men in my life. I know it is not the same for everyone. But it is our duty to love and cherish the good ones. Poor guys, they have been at a receiving end recently and a lot of them don't deserve the generalization. To do that without sounding like an anti-feminist freak is a task. Also, I don't understand what is the big deal in being a woman? I want equality - they are as good and we are as bad. 

*I want to write humour. But apparently, nothing without the word sex, fart or booze is funny enough. Political humour is something I can never do. I can make fun of my husband, but for how long? I can talk sarcastically about my lazy ass but then eventually I would start feeling guilty. I can make fun of the lady next door who is always screaming on her three small kids and has ruffled grey hair that she never combs. But then, struggling parents would start their what-do-you-know crap. Ah, till I learn, I’ll just read. 

On a remotely similar note, here is a recent conversation between me and the Boy. Maybe I can record these and start my humour posts. That should work, right?

Me: I’m so glad I don’t have a job. I really can't take any scolding.
Boy: If you were me, tumhara kya hota?
Me: Awwww babyyy... your boss scolds you a lot?
Boy: No. You do.

15 comments:

  1. Aww on the conversation :)

    What is stopping you from writing about all these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have a lot of inhibitions. I'd like to blame my childhood for the overly cautious behavior.

      Delete
  2. Write from your heart.. we all have our inhibitions embedded by the way we were brought up/experiences/trust issues. But you know what I realised? Its all a phase of evolution... I can no longer recognise the naive kid who wrote the posts in my blog for the first few years.
    Trust those who matter to understand what you wish to say... the rest never mattered anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you are saying. But sometimes I fear I might hurt feelings of near and dear ones. That is something I can never do.
      I still love the naive kid who wrote posts in the initial years - I wrote without editing or wanting any readers. It was a wonderful phase!

      Delete
  3. Write... write, write all you wish to write!!
    Am so with you on cute babies and their annoying parents. Some parents post a dozen pics which are shot one after the other in span of 1 minute!! Ever read some mommy bloggers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point I was reading too many mommy bloggers - I am sorry to say that some of them were really annoying! As in, I am sure kids make you happy. But they should certainly not be your ONLY cause of happiness. True or not, but that is exactly what their fascination signifies!

      Delete
  4. You have indicated good themes to write on.go ahead.I believe ten posts a month is in order and not more frequently as readers have many blogs to read.I find some bloggers writing about their kids or husbands all the time.It is ok if the blog is limited to a few friends.A blog should have variety to sustain the interest of readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in quality vs quantity. Having said that, quality is subjective! As a blogger, I don't want to create many rules. This is a personal space and I would always try and be myself here. I would keep the readers in mind only half the time. The other half is totally me time :)

      Delete
  5. hahahahhhahah i can make fun of my husband but for how long...hahahahaah classic!!!
    and you definitely can write a post about all that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to be as brave as you, Red!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10/01/2013

    Great ideas. Well I am facing a drought of ideas these days and you have so many and you are not writing. C'mon, start working on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are mundane ideas... anyone can write on them! You just need to start scribbling and you'll be done!

      Delete
  7. I can relate to this post whole heartedly, i also want to write so much about so many things, but cant:(

    Liked that part about men in our life, same way i think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10/06/2013

    The topics you mentioned is worth writing and what is stopping you from..Take a Pen and scribe your thoughts.. :)

    BTW the last Part of Me and Boy is true indeed.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Straight from the heart post! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)