Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seven ways to be happier



Surround yourself with happy people. Leave the angry ones for Mars.  

Say a two-line thank you prayer each day. Even if you are a nonbeliever, gratitude helps. 

Take out a few minutes to do something for someone – call up an old person, make tea for your house help, help someone park the car...

Have happy thoughts and broaden your lips to smile. People might think you are a moron smiling to yourself, but believe me; it does wonders to your happiness.

Be a good listener. That can mean so much to someone and make you happier. (I don't think there are selfless good deeds.)

Sing aloud. It lifts you up. A lot.

Exercise, dance or jump around. Your body will thank you and your stress levels will come down drastically.

All these methods are tried and tested. I have only one aim in life – to be the happiest person I know. I think I am getting there. Are you?

14 comments:

  1. Useful and true! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the 8th way is to visit your blog regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's your happy thing for the day - 'cause you made me sooooo happy :*

      Delete
  3. Thank you for these.. thats my version of point 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shall be bestowed with immense happiness :)

      Delete
  4. True, true... these are the perfect ingredients for a happy day! I wish I could send some people to Mars! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do that. Just use the power of your subconscious mind :D

      Delete
  5. I am quite happy and do all the things you have said save talking to some old person for there are very few older than me,lols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!! I am sure there would be someone older than you. And I am also sure he/she would love a phone call :) Think!!

      Delete
  6. Simple points. Doable !

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I dont think there are selfless good deeds"...brilliant point. simple and effective ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)