Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thank your parents for giving you a nice name.

I love to look up baby names whenever someone close is about to have a baby. I just love the idea that someone would actually use a name suggested by me.

Now that I’m about to become a bua for the second time, I looked up names again. In FRIENDS, Joey suggested to name Phoebe’s brothers son 'The Hulk'! To save the kid from eternal humiliation, it's not a bad idea to know all the crazy names before you finalise on the perfect one.

Before I share some of the funniest names I came across, let me tell you the names of some people I’ve know or would love to know:

Captain Batra (a surd classmate from school. Poor Captain!!)
Rhythm (A distant niece. Really, why Rhythm!?)
Ghamandi Lal Meena (A fellow collegemate of the Boy with the best name ever. Google him!)
Leeba Baby (A fellow classmate. Why Baby, I don’t know!)

I’m unfortunate to know only these four names in person. So I hunted for some more kids who would be abusing their parents for torturing them for life. And this is what made me Laugh Out Loud:

Moe Lester (OMG!!!!!!!!! Just say it out loud "Hi, I am Moe Lester.")
Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo (brother and sister probably!)
April May (!!!)
Bud Wieser (Now that’s a cool name to have!)
Dick Hunter (and so many more names beginning with the dreaded D!)
Crystal Ware (apparently a girl who was nicknamed tupperwear, silver ware, underwear!!)
Terry (who became Terry Terry after she married a guy with his last name Terry!!)


I wish there were funny Indian names on the internet. If you do happen to find any let me know. And if you want to read more, go here.

And I though Punjabi was a funny surname!

8 comments:

  1. You forgot the famous DK Bose

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes.. how could I!thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, u have got Fungsuk Wangdoo and Ranchoddas Chanchad from 3 Idiots! So much for having a funny name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fictitious names. Just like DK Bose. More funny if you know these people in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah I did google for Mr. Ghamandi :p

    what Dick hunter? Are you serious ? :P

    may be that's why he said before leaving 'what's in name?' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.. poor Ghamandi!! I'm sure such people repeat this phrase more than anyone else on earth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL!!! This is such a hilarious post...I can't stop laughing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... I came back here because of your comment and now I can't stop laughing! Ghamandi!!

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)