Friday, September 30, 2011

Movie Review - Mausam

Ok, so I haven’t reviewed Bodyguard and Mausam yet. Not that anybody cares, but I consider this my duty as a die-hard Bollywood masala flick fan!

For starters, I haven’t seen Bodyguard. After 15 minutes of the torture called Ready, I didn’t have the guts. I went to watch Mausam on the first day, but the show got cancelled (Yes, stroke of luck!!). The next day some morons entered the mall here and started their protests. That resulted in a lot of chaos. Thankfully they have not resorted to any form of violence as yet. Let’s pray for the best.

Anyway, I love Shahid Kapoor just for his cuteness. So I can watch Dil Bole Hadippa and not feel let down (you have to watch DBH to know the heights of stupidity!). Mausam is lovable for only one reason – the impractical love between Harry and Aayat.

Yes, impractical. How can a boy and a girl remain in love for 10 years just by being together for about 2 months in totality? You can be in love for maximum 2-3 years, be practical and then find someone else. How can they meet in remotest of places (Mallukot[!!], Soctland, Switzerland, Ahemdabad)? How can they not have flings in between? How can they post letters, wait for a response after changing locations and not know about EMAIL in the 21st century?

Bollywood ignores all practical aspects to show how love is above it all and true love conquers everything. While watching the movie I asked the Boy what is true love anyway!? And he just laughed it off probably because he knew I would shower a million questions if he answers that one (which, he has no ability to answer anyway!).

So, if you can ignore Sonam Kapoor and her irritating voice, the not-so romantic songs, all the travelling that they do, you can watch Mausam. Watch it at home for Shahid Kapoor and that sweet thing called love. Watch it for sweet moments that make you want to feel them in real. Watch it for the smiles it will bring on your face.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/13/2014

    wow good one

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)