Friday, June 28, 2013

Boys Night v/s Girls Night


The Boy has gone for a Boy’s night out and I’m completely bored. As I decide between watching Raanjhanaa (which he refuses to watch) or season 4 of Modern Family (which I absolutely love), I’m trying to guess the conversation they must be having.

He is an adorable husband who tells me quite a bit. They start with Booze, career opportunities, travel plans and move on to digs at each other. The banter increases with mixed shots and ends with people puking. He never pukes. Yes, he tells me everything *winks*

How do girls start? We begin with seasonal offers at Zara and Mango. And move on to sex. We try to discuss the falling rupee and the worsening job market. But let’s face it, that’s no fun.  After a couple of glasses of sophisticated wine, we move on to bedroom stories. We try to make it sound like someone else’s tale, but really, it is all about us. Oh, mind you, we don’t discuss everything with everyone all the time. It is just between close friends after a fine selection of Shiraz and shots of Jose Cuervo. For us, the group of 7 is called Sex and the City and we probably meet twice a year. Only. 

Don’t judge me. Healthy conversations about sex should be promoted in our culture. When we meet we giggle and learn at the same time. We neither demean nor put someone on a pedestal. We talk, we share, and then vouch never to divulge any personal information. Except that the boys come to know tid bits about our conversation through our smoother actions *winks again*.

Coming back to the innocent boys – I’ve always admired men and their ability to keep their personal life to themselves. Thank God for that. When I was dating the Boy, he hardly ever introduced me to his friends. Although it was a scary trait, he found it best for me to stay away from their conversations. He also said something along the ‘IIT guys bookhe ....’ lines. No offense, he is one of them *winks the third time*.

Men have a wilder imagination than women. Women, they are grossed out if they start to imagine someone else's sex life. Atleast in my part of the world. And that is why I think it is best for boys to overindulge, puke and gossip about office. I am sure they have fun in their own simple way!

As for us, we will strive to learn from all our chit-chats *wink wink*.

It's time for Raanjhanaa...

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it is strange that guys never discuss their sex life with each other. I remember a few days back one of my very good friends was getting married and was pretty nervous. That was when I came closest to discussing my sex life with a friend to dispel his nervousness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, we are glad that men don't discuss their personal life with the outside world. Among other things, this helps in maintaining low expectations as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Falling rupee and worsening job market? I mean I'd never discuss that with friends or enemies or anyone for that matter whether I am drunk or not :D :D Rest ofthe post - true. Though the hubby here doesnt mention the puking part etc of booze part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. c'mon aren't you happy that we can send more money home now??? And you don't talk about it with anyone? :)
      The puking part is mentioned only when they have been sober. How else would he show off his 'capacity'!?

      Delete
    2. Na.. about sending money home..I have more interesting stuff to talk all the time ;-) Just that I dont have anyone here to say. Whatsapp is a savior.

      Delete
  3. falling rupee and the global economy?? NEVER HAPPENED IN MY CASE. SEX? Yaaaa....its informative! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)