Friday, November 28, 2008

Enough is Enough

This post, like my previous posts, is about weddings. But this wedding, which was scheduled just a day before mine, will never happen. When I think of the girl who like me, created a wedsite, must have packed her trousseau, had her lehnga trials, dreamt about her honeymoon...her future ...lost her fiance in the ongoing massacre, my heart skips a beat.

We cant even begin to imagine the plight of the family who lost their son. Nor can we feel what the families of other victims are going through. How can we begin celebrations of any kind when something as simple as eating out has become so dangerous?

We've had a lot. I really dont know whom to blame. I just want to know what can I do so that when I die, I'm not a part of such ghastly headlines...

10 comments:

  1. saw the website. It is so sad to see that the guest book has suddenly turned into a condolence book...Words cannot express the sorrow, pain and helplessness of the people who lost their near and dear ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. do visit my blog. an award is awaiting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is terrible...but you cheer up..don`t` let any negativity mar ur happiness..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too shocking, Nisha. I read their blog. I find no words to write. Sort of gone blank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrible.. just cant imagine what it must feel like

    ReplyDelete
  6. see it here whenever you get the time:
    http://styalogue.blogspot.com/2008/11/awarded-once-more.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. really really sad...

    ReplyDelete
  8. something for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. he was my chemistry sir`s only son. From ranchi. Have seen him grow up, played 'pitto' together. We still havent been able to absorb the truth. Here`s hoping his parents and Khushboo find their peace someday soon..
    By the way, how`ve you been? Long time.. And yup, I`m back again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is sad...I dont really know what to say..

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)