Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Food for Thought

We get a lot of chances in life. We get a lot of hints too. But we normally ignore them. Or rather, misconstrue them.

And when we get that 'last' chance, time falls short. Even if we give our hundred per cent, something inside us says we will never make it...and just blame it on the paucity of time.

Had it not been our 'last' chance, will we give our hundred per cent? Why do we wait for the last moment and then the moment falls short? Deep down we hope that we will get more chances, but what if we don't? What if this really is the last chance?

Too many questions, but the answer is just one - Do your bit and leave the rest to the almighty. Whatever will be, will be. We have to smile and live happily anyway. For, when one door closes, another opens!

That's optimism...for some. For the rest, that's an excuse to let go...yet again.

High time we were true to ourselves at least.

7 comments:

  1. hmm..serious stuff...
    Come to my blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. came here thru My space:), its my tagline-do ur best and leave the rest to God:) and yes i am eternally optimistic person, but i always believe in giving 100% to everything I do:) and this attitude saves me lot of stress in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many conflicting philosophies we've fed on, it confuses me sometimes. On the one hand there's this thing about interpreting the signs, grabbing an opportunity. On the other, there's Destiny - how our lives have already been chalked out for us and what will be, will be. It's a very famous debate between pre-determined fate and our choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was optimistic
    I really try hard, but fail!

    -I

    ReplyDelete
  5. @my space: thank uu for the award...ill revert shortly!

    @renu:i wish i had that attitude too!i do have it in bits n pieces..but i guess i shud really work on it :)

    @D: i really believe we chart our own destiny..and when things go out of our hands ...then we say what will be will be. for me destiny is an easy way out to problems...and i believe in it only when i really cant do something about something!

    @impressionist: try try try until u succeed..otherwise its really hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have tagged you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to agree although i tend to waver in reality. Very well written post! sorry for not having kept up-to-date with your posts. was insanely busy!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)