Friday, December 7, 2007

Do you believe in signs?


I have spent the entire day in doing things that I was not suppose to do. How do I know I was not suppose to do? Well, I think I saw some signs!

First, I lost some money in online trading. Although the loss wasn't big, but a loss is a loss anyway! Then I was told that updating my phone's software will make it faster. I tried. But USB malfunctioned and now I'll have to give it to silly nokia care who will do I-donno-what with my darling phone.

Anyways, whenever I was about to do the two things that have taken a lot of my time,I went through a lot of inconvenience (I canceled my online orders 3-4 times before actually buying. And the software updater took 2 hours to load and had to be installed 4 times after it started working!And no, I'm not technologically challenged!) I don't know how, but since the last few days I have started seeing inconvenience as a sign not to do a certain thing. Last time thankfully my negative feelings were not met by unfortunate consequences, this time they have!

I wont call them extreme disasters, but it does raise a lot of confusion in my mind. All my life I have followed the maxim 'try try until you succeed'. I hardly ever give up till I accomplish my aim. So when such a situation occurs, should I try or should I give in to the negativity?

I'm not superstitious as well. I try to induce logic in everything I do. Yet I fail to understand these feelings. I believe in God's plan. I believe we are 'puppets', however silly that may sound!Probably thats the reason such questions arise.

Do you believe in signs? What do you do when you face some?

Till today, I try harder. Whatever will be, will be!

8 comments:

  1. i agree....whenever u're inconvenienced at something u aren't meant to do it in the first place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey im done with my exams and im doin posts again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah...i think ur precept of try and try harder until you finally succeed is the way to go!!
    we all have our off days na!
    cheers for another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing about signs is that even though you may see them and believe in them, you can interpret them for what they really are only after what's-meant-to-be has occurred. So till you're really sure about signs, don't give up trying!! Even though Paulo Coelho would have us believe otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually you don't try - you do...that's the difference...trying is incomplete, doing is complete...and because you do over and over you succeed... :)

    Keep doing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @zee...i kinda disagree!

    @jeevy...welcome back :)

    @sneha...yeah..true

    @abhishek..thanks

    @devanshi...hmm...guess we'll never be able make up our minds on this unless we have some kinda superpowers!

    @jolvin...sure!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Signs... now that reminds me of the movie by the same name. All of us want to believe in them, because it rationalizes all the unexpected :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)