Saturday, June 23, 2007

Life's Little Lessons


I remember I was in class VII, sitting alone on the last seat 'coz one of my friends had left for another school and the other was monitoring the class! Yeah she was a favorite with teachers! And suddenly i scribbled a poem called I Love, I Love...in love with birds, sweets and my school. 11 years and love has a changed meaning altogether! Well, that was my first poem.

Anyways, that time i thought I'd be a teacher. I guess every girl dreams of being one sometime or the other. While I was doing my graduation with absolutely no future plans, I was forced into an MBA coaching institute (thats because my friends were going, how could i miss the fun!). With no idea whatsoever, 2 years later I was doing MBA(all my friends who did join the coaching were not!), ready to rule the corporate world! Ah yes, between my grad and MBA i had a short stint of six months with Times of India as a freelancer. And I still wanted to do MBA! People told me why not Journalism, and i never even gave it a thought. And writer, I understood only one way of writing, and that was being a fiction writer. Height of ignorance!

While doing MBA I was the student co-ordinator of our newsletter and wrote for my college at times. I was pathetic at finance but good at marketing 'coz i could think creatively. Still, I wanted to get into finance!

I did extremely well and got a job in a bank with an awesome pay scale. But, circumstances and a few realizations made me never join that organization.

And here I am, writing a blog. Planning to start afresh and learn how to write. Write to use my talent and God's gift. I don't regret any decision that i made, if I made any that is. But strange isn't it, if I realised it 11 years back, i could have been someone else.

Hmmm....

12 comments:

  1. lol..the comments are in my orkut community...
    its the weekend right now...i don't get much readers during weekends...

    will read this one later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have always loved your calm and yet give it your all attitude in life. And the little that I have known you, I must say that you are like the title you got in the farwell.
    I aspire to write fiction too, but with the job, I hardly get time to pen down anything, hope you make it big though. And then I'll be able to say, hey thats my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog.
    cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog...added to my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ jatin
    thanks a ton. well...to b very frank..i might just screw it all up!! but yeah..dream big :)
    happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/24/2007

    good that u came here..
    infact what u said..about coming back to writing..i do feel the same.. miss those days of splendor..but still its never late to start again isn't it...
    cheers!..will b visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/24/2007

    on second read of ur posts..gosh! u r good..
    linked ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6/24/2007

    hmmm thanx for dropping bye..punjabi..he he

    well sharing ur writing is upto u..but ther are some tools that will come handy

    try this
    http://www.copyscape.com/
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/in/

    i wld love to read ur poems..thoug m myself a rookie ji..jst now i started some stupid scrambling..only used to do in hindi..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey....came by here for the first time....
    Enjoyed what i read...
    and apart from being glad for the fact that u discovered that this is what u really want to do...u actually found the God(read:guts) in u to give everything else up and pursue it...
    kudos to u!!
    looking forward to reading ur work!!
    cheers..
    blogolled u...hope u dont mind

    ReplyDelete
  10. heye! i didnt knw ur blog is getting famous..;) loved this piece...;) coz cud feel my mention sumwhr thr....n ws soo nostalgic..n yhh ve clicked for today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ prachi
    yeah i do remembered you while writing this piece

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm...always do what your heart desires..that way u come out to be the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)