Thursday, July 25, 2013

Status update (!)

* I have unfinished posts in my drafts folder. It seems all I've been doing in the last few weeks is write for contests. I've come to realize that I work well with creative prompts. I need ideas, encouragement, motivation and so much more to come up with something decent. I don't know if it is a good thing or not!

* I have discovered a new way to heal. No, I don't want to jinx it by writing here. I am superstitious that way!

* That 'stuff' and a lot of planning for the upcoming trip has left me with no time to breathe. I want to take it easy. I want it to be no big deal. But I can't. My mind has a way of thinking too much. Arghh!

* We won at a lucky draw recently. We have never won something that way. We are not randomly lucky. So, this was a welcome change. It was a holiday package to Dubai which we sold off. Ha! Oh well, we have been there twice. So...

* Talking about winning, I won 'The best dressed woman' in a crowd of about 500! The Boy had his office party where all the employees came with their families. I thought I was an overdressed expat until they called out my name. I panicked for silly reasons I usually panic for! The Boy held my hand and took me to the stage. I don't know how many men will be able to do that...
Since then, I haven't been able to contain my enthusiasm! Sometimes, we need to let go of our apprehensions and just be.

Owing to awesome travel plans, I'm bidding adieu to blogging for 3 weeks now. When I'm back, I will hopefully be able to write without creative prompts. Probably panic less. Maybe think less. And definitely be more enlightened. Isn't traveling the best thing to do? Thank God for such blessings!

Happy reading, everyone! 

9 comments:

  1. Huh! I'm gonna miss you. Where you off to?

    It seems like all I'm writing also is for contests now. I love the creative experience it gives, but somehow I don't like it. Crazy na?

    Lucky draw and best dressed together? Wow, talk about shining luck :D

    May the lucky streak continue. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Soumya!
      I don't mind writing for contests because I've won a few lately! Haha! Keep writing coz the luck can shine anytime :)
      And well, I am off to America for a vacation :D

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your break and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/26/2013

    Traveling is an amazing thing to do. Wow! you are on roll -best dressed, lucky draw and all :) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life's good, touchwood!! :))
      Thankyou, Jas!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8/02/2013

    What is it with you and contests?
    Enjoy your holidays. Have super fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)