Monday, February 29, 2016

The Month that Was - February

Two months have already gone by in 2016. I don't know how to explain the last two months - they have been weird, very, very weird.

Now I am a 'writer'. I should come up with better words than weird, right? But I can't because these two months have been quite different from ordinary. I started a very difficult journey of shedding some pounds in December. I did very well in January but just when I thought I'll become size zero in no time, I hit a plateau in February! I did not lose a single gram this month and kept going up and down. I feel stronger though, so that is a good sign.

A major blow came when an insurance company refused to give me critical illness benefit. I sulked. I thought how bad could my health be that they don't even want to consider me for something that might never happen. But you know, I can't sulk for long. I lead such a healthy lifestyle, I will never need that shitty insurance. They can go %&*K themselves!

Meanwhile my father had an angioplasty. It's the worst feeling to know that your parents are getting old. When you love someone and that someone goes through a life threatening situation, you feel sad and helpless. I haven't spoken to him much. Actually speaking doesn't help. You would say the same things that hundred others have already suggested. I believe in sending out good vibes, saying my prayers and thanking God for all he has already given. Such love can do wonders even from far.

Challenges are a part of life. I took a break from them and went for a Mosaic class this month. I fell in love with the tiles, the nipper and the grout. You see, I am a very passionate lover. I go crazy about whatever I start to like. So for a few days I went on and on and on about Mosaic. I dreamt of making hundreds of designs and selling them. The only thing I didn't think about is getting an award for it.

I am screwed up in my head, I tell you. I think, over-think, analyse, and what not. I can't even begin to tell you how much I think about every small little thing. There are some things that make me confused and I refuse to let go. I try to ignore, but it keeps coming back. I need a brain transplant. I need a mind that gives a damn about everything. I need a blank mind when there is nothing important to consider. It makes me very frustrated with myself, but then it makes me adorable also. So, I know, you will advice me against the brain surgery!

We also had a free Spa and Lunch day at a swanky property. But the less I talk about it, the better it is. Sometimes you wish you hadn't won a prize. It was one of those days. But on the very same day we won a small refrigerator at the Boy's office party! And during the same month, I won a Caratlane voucher for this post.

Now these two prizes I like. And I also thank God for the weird mind I have. If it wasn't for this, I wouldn't be so awesome. So yes, no brain transplant. And in any case, I don't have insurance, hence no money. Let us live the weird life that we have. Good things will happen. They always do.

7 comments:

  1. I thank God for this weird funny friend of mine :) I hope your dad gets rocking super soon.. Love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! You're sweet!! Well, I'll be weird till I die, so you keep thanking God! :P

      Delete
  2. Congrats for the fridge and the CaratLane ! 2016 has not been very good to me either. :-/ My maid left yesterday...how much worse can it get? You are comparatively better off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! For a working mom, a maid is like having God at home. I am so sorry! Wish you all the luck in the world to help you find a new one!

      Delete
  3. Hope March will be a better month for all of us and Your Dad recovers. February was okay and not bad..lost an elderly cousin brother who is a Doctor in UK and it took us quite sometime to overcome the loss.
    Keep faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that. Wish you and your family the strength to overcome your loss..

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3/04/2016

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)