Saturday, January 30, 2016

Weird, baby, weird!

The last few days have been weird, to say the least. A cold wave has hit Bahrain, and the desert is feeling brrr like never before. I am wearing socks at home. And I don't even wear socks in India when the North is covered in fog! Everyone around me is sneezing, and even though I have an immunity of an elephant, I have fallen prey to the phlegm.

Immunity of an elephant? - well, I just thought they are strong and happy animals.

Now when I fall sick, it doesn’t seem like I am sick. My phlegm usually stays inside and gets out from sources I don’t understand. So when people ask me what happened, I have to tell them specifically that I have cold and that I am very sick.

Although I wanted to lose weight even in sickness, the Boy told me to take rest. His one wish became my command and I ordered soul-food a.k.a. kadhai paneer from my favourite restaurant. I ate it for two days straight. It was complimented with some rum, some biryani, some parathas and lots of tea. Being sick was a great excuse, but I think I crossed a calorie-laden line.

I am dreading my weighing machine tomorrow. I have already bought myself gifts for reaching January targets even though it is not January 31st. Talk about positivity!

Amidst all this, the Boy had to leave me for 2 days and travel to India. I literally had tears when he was leaving because I have not lived in Bahrain without him in the last 5 years. But thankfully my friends took care of me really well and I just felt blessed. Three more hours and he will be back, I cannot wait.

Oh another weird thing – a little girl came to our house on Christmas eve and gave us a balloon that said Merry Christmas. It has been 36 days, that balloon is intact. She did have long, unruly, blond hair like a ghost.

I take part in a lot of lucky draws. I feel very childish and desperate but since I win, I just take part. So I won a brunch at a 5-star the day Boy was leaving. I didn’t want to go without him. So like a good Samaritan, I told the guys on twitter that I don’t want it to go waste. They happily agreed to postpone it and still give it to me.

Two 5-star brunches in one month – I must have done something good in my life to deserve this. Or maybe, God is testing me how strong I am at eating salads at a lavish buffet!

So no other weird thing except these. Maybe just one more really weird and somewhat confusing one, but I’d rather stay mute on that. I love mystery. And I even love 'Dear Diary' posts like these. Enough meaningful stuff goes around the blogging world, let me just stay how I have always been - weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)