Friday, May 22, 2009

Feels like 16 again

Warning: Girlish post ahead

Remember when you were 14 and you had your first crush? I do! I could talk to my friend endlessly about how that guy looked, behaved, walked, stared, etc etc etc. We would give the guy a girl's name so that when we were talking on the only landline in the middle of our homes, mom wouldnt know we were talking about a boy!
There were days full of sunshine when He spoke a word or two with me. And then there were sad days when He was absent, from school of course!If he showed even minimalistic interest, life was complete!

Today when I look back, it sounds so funny. I dont even want to see the guys I was even remotely interested in! We were crazy. We shared every single detail. If the crush blossomed into love the chats were even longer. How he became friends, how he proposed, how he would propose, how he held your hand, how he kissed, when will you marry, what will you call your children...ah, the works! This was the best part of female bonding.

I know every girl goes through this. If she doesnt, I pity her. I thought this was kiddish and happened only when we were younger. And so, when a friend of mine who has recently started knowing a guy started sharing minute details, we laughed our hearts out.

She was telling me silly things about him over the phone. I didnt want to spoil it for her and so I smiled just to myself. I never thought that at 26, I will be hearing things like this again. But that's the beauty of falling in love. The initial part has so much to share. So much to know. And so much more to discover.

Yeah, it feels like 16 again. Or, maybe 20, when I saw someone blushing because she had fallen in love. Maybe its what teenagers do. Or maybe its what every girl does when she falls in love. I still do it but not with the same fervour. But today, it really does feel like 16 again :)

5 comments:

  1. Aaahhh, the good ol' teenage days...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh... you know. I really wish i were back in those days when life could be put on pause and love was such a new and lovely experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't agree with you more... every girl would have gone through these feelings... else it's like having an incomplete teenagehood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ersa: i miss them soooo much!

    @Dr. Roshan: really, i wish everything was just as innocent

    @Chaitali: Yep, I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well. it was first to hear what gals think about crushes....and a postive way of thinking you ws having....bt a line struck me.......life would have been complete...had he shown even a minimal interest...........

    why this is a innocent chahat remains scribbed in your heart even wen u hv reached the pinnacle of your journey.
    i m suffering through a phase of emotional turmoil........

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)