Thursday, May 21, 2009

Counting my blessings

I'm an optimist. Not the enthusiastic pain-in-the-neck chirpy type. But a normal thinking-positive-when-things-dont-go-well kinds. And so, in times like this, when I'm desperate to re-unite with my husband, for reasons more than the 'obvious' one, I count my blessings!

Yesterday i had a chatty day with this friend of mine who's getting married to her boyfriend from 9 years. It makes me proud when I see them together for I was among the first 2-3 people to 'know' about their affair in school. Anyway, so she told me, I'm going to name my first girl Nisha. There are no words to describe the feeling I had. Well, she has one more reason to name her daughter this, but I'm the reason too. Thank god for friends like these who make this world such a beautiful place.

And then, in the evening another friend called. She said, I was thinking who is the one friend whom I badly want in my wedding. And the answer is you.
I'm emotional like crazy and that made tiny water droplets fill my eyes!!If this is not a blessing, then what is.

Rest later, right now I'm just too happy to flaunt the halo around my head :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the blog header!

    First time on your blog. Came here from 'det-res'. So HI! :)

    Such a sweet post! Will come back for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M! You didnt leave a link..how do i get back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup..these are the moments that makes you feel at the top of the world, no? nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) It is a feel-good feeling indeed. And yes, a blessing to have friends who can count on you as much as you can count on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a real sweetheart.... Thanks a lottt for your friendship

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)