Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Month That Was

Soumya of Life of Leo writes these awesome Action Replay posts each month. This time I decided to get 'inspired' and write a similar post. Although I do like 1% of what the world manages to do in this time, I am in love with my life and have absolutely no qualms about doing too little.
Lazy bum.

Well, not really. I came back from a vacation on 1st August and was absolutely refreshed. I decided to dedicate this month to health and I am extremely happy with the results. They are not fabulous but they are a labor of love which needs to be cherished.

So what did I do? I started to walk 3 kms in a park. This is a big deal for me and takes a little less than an hour. The temperature was 40 degrees with humidity levels ranging from 30-60%!!! Wind did help us at times. At other times, it was the chatter. I need to chat non-stop to cover that area happily. So everyday the Boy took me to this sea-side park which is like a 20-minute drive from our place. Why? - because that is the only place where I wanted to walk! He would then walk with me at my pace encouraging me whenever I needed. It's a mere stroll for him and doing that in this heat for someone else really needs a lot of love in your heart. Did I tell you there is no one better than him in this world?

Also, I talk a lot for distraction. Otherwise 3 kms seem like a 100! From past to present to future, we discuss just about everything. As you know, I am a planner. So I would plan the next 20 years for us and he would just laugh and pull my leg. Plans don't always materialize, or so they say. August has also left us very confused with something which you would know soon. Or, maybe not.

Since this month was dedicated to health, I did pranayam followed by exercise every morning as well. It is so hard to sit on your yoga mat. But when you get up, I think there is no better feeling. I did stuff for more than an hour and felt blessed. Breathing exercises are like meditation. Every cell in your body is energized and you feel happy for the rest of the day. We do need positivity in our lives from various sources - this, trust me, is the easiest way to stay optimistic.

To supplement about 2.5 hours of slow and steady workout, I have started a high-protein-low-carb diet. There is so much nutrition our body needs that eating rice, flour, potatoes or bread is not important at all. So eggs, grilled chicken, fruits, spinach and lots of salad has replaced quite a few things in my kitchen. The result - I have lost 500 gms!!! That is very less - you would say. But in my world, it is success!

I took a weeks break to give rest to my body. Hopefully I am rejuvenated now and will start again. The Boy is not keeping well and so gym will be my companion for the next few days. Needless to say, I miss sweating in the park. More than that, I miss the long drive and the endless chatter about nothing and everything.

So August was awesome for me. I am hoping to be as motivated in September because after that 3 trips will keep us very busy. Don't you just love vacations? - I am just crazy about them 'cause they inspire me to stay fit and keep dreaming.

Love.

11 comments:

  1. Stay healthy pal... atleast one of us should be there when they give out Paramveer Chakras for oldest consistent bloggers of India :D
    AND please dont call 500 gms less! You dont know how I would love to see even that much less in my weighing scale..
    Seeing as how Ive taken up a 30 day post thingy, I think i might very well take this "month that was" thingy too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. we are all about the awards, aren't we!? I'll definitely be there :)

      And you must do the 'month that was' post. It would be great to read doctor tales combined with blogging stories.

      Delete
  2. I started it this month by resuming gymming.
    I need a vacation :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exercising sucks big time!! Wish I had a passion for it!

      Delete
  3. Following a healthy lifestyle is awesome! Keep it up! I wish, I could stick to my walking schedule too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier said than done, Shilpa! But the morning ritual is kind of becoming an addiction. Blessed are those who love all this!

      Delete
  4. Yahoo, you started this finally!!! :D Congrats on getting your lazy bum to do that!

    I'm sooooooooooooo proud of you for making a start towards healthy living. 3kms and yoga? Wow, I am so looking forward to that size zero figure now! I'll whistle for sure ;)

    The boy is so awesome isn't he? Its almost like Cal and him are soul brothers :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...size zero is a dream; even my skeleton will fail to achieve that ;)

      Your Cal and my Boy are both extremely loving and caring people. They have very, very different personalities though. Just like us - we are so similar yet so different. Soul couples, eh? hahahaha

      Delete
  5. now you putting me to shame :( ahhhhhhhhhh i wish i could keep to my schedule .. but then my work is such and shifts .. they spoil everything ...

    but all the best with yours and keep it up yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky that way - I don't have to work. And whatever work I do is quite flexible. You do need to fit in exercise somewhere though. Try, try!

      Delete
  6. You have got me inspired about this. I was following a healthy routine but I abandoned it before it made any progress. I should pick it up yet again!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)