Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ice, Ice Baby meets Thanda Thanda Paani

Every few months our social networking websites do something good and it makes us look at them in a positive light. Recently the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been quite a success. For those who don’t know, this challenge is raising awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and aiming to raise money for its association. Through the challenge, people have to pour ice water on themselves, make a video, post on a social networking site and then challenge three other people. If those people fail to respond within the next 24 hours by doing the same, they have to donate to a charity. In the last 20 days, the association has raised $15.6 million, a little less than ten times the normal amount they've previously raised in the same time period.

Now the likes of Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey, Justin Bieber, et al. have already taken up this challenge. The initial reactions to the icy cold water have been really funny in some videos. What if this came to Indian celebs (you know, maybe Anil Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra get tagged by their colleagues ;) )? How will they respond when a bucket-full of ice water is poured over them? Well, here’s a sneak peak, and a light hearted one at that:

Ailaa, it’s cold – God/Sachin Tendulkar

It’s normal, I do this everyday – Sunny Leone

Wow, I mean WOW, so cold – Saif Ali Khan

Jejus, O Jejus - Rakhi Sawant

Thanda tha. Agar Modi ne nahi kiya to hum dharna karenge – Arvind Kejriwal

Mitro, thande din aa gaye, ache bhi aayenge. Vande Mataram. – Narendra Modi

Muaahh - Imran Hashmi

Exotic, oh no, cold – Priyanka Chopra

Cold, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, icy cold – Sonam Kapoor

Ice: Bucket, Bucket: Ice, Ice: Water, Water: Ice, Water: Cold, Cold: Water, Cold: Me, Me: Gutthi

RTI - is it suppose to be this cold? – Rahul Gandhi

If Nation wants to know how it was, they should tune in at 8 – Arnab Goswami

Half Cold – Chetan Bhagat

I have a degree in this  - Smriti Irani

Man, I needed this  –  Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Brrr! How do you think I came up with K K K K K Kiran – Shahrukh Khan

Old, Bold, Sold, Fold, Cold – Navjot Sigh Siddhu

It was my idea, thanda thanda paani - Baba Sehgal

___________________ Dr. Manmohan Singh


After you are done laughing, visit this link and encourage the youth by just writing something under 130 characters in the box there. When you're done, IndiBlogger will kindly loan a Milaap's borrower Rs. 1000 on your behalf (you don't pay). Sweet, isn't it? You just have to go to the site and you'll help someone get a job. Be a good Samaritan, sweetheart! I won't make fun of you, promise. I won't mind even if you don't comment and used your precious time hopping over to their website. Me and four of my friends have posted already... that's a good Rs. 5000 raised :)


P.S. I think the bucket challenge is amazing. This was in good humour and should be taken in the same spirit.

14 comments:

  1. LOL at the Emraan Hashmi bit ! :D
    I read about this and watched Zuckerberg's video too ! This is a nice cause and fast gaining popularity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops.. I spelt Emran wrong! What goes :)
      Anita, you didn't click on the Milaap link. Do it if you come back to read this reply, please!!

      Delete
  2. Make that five of your friends now! :)

    I loved the hilarious take of yours. Manmohan Singh :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, sweety!

      And our ex PM is like that only, haina?

      Delete
  3. Sunny Leone and ice cubes... mmmm.. Okay I will stop right now before I say anything more :)
    Wrote my words for Milaap... hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roshan, thanks! I am surprised that very few people actually clicked on that link. I feel sad for all of us :(

      Delete
  4. I can't stop laughing :-P
    Its grrrrrreat!!!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo glad that I could make you laughhhhhh!! :-P

      Delete
  5. This is the in thing.. its all over here in britian they are all doing it tooo ..

    loved your take and now i would love to see how these are true when these people actually take the challenge :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In-thing for sure. I'm surprised to see how people have been criticizing it as well. I know there is scarcity of water, but their scarcity of good Samaritans as well who would just not donate without being pushed.

      Delete
  6. Half cold is the funniest :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. lolwa :p manmohan singh , rakhi n imraan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manmohan Singh is actually the easiest to come up with :)

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)