Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lucky by deeds



Funny things happen every day. On Sunday, my cable network provider’s Facebook page was giving away some Bluetooth speakers for smartphones and tablets just for guessing the IPL winner. It was a day thing and the permitted time was over. I any way entered Kings XI Punjab from my name and Kolkata Knight Riders from the Boy’s. 

Next day, I cheekily edited my post and changed it to KKR. (So what!!??)

The winners were privately announced on the same day. We didn’t receive any mail. It was fine. Today I randomly checked my spam folder and guess what – I was one of the lucky winners. Yoohooo!!!

Super cool!!!

 **

We were trying to sell our car because we’ve booked a new one and it comes on Monday. Our previous one is around 5 years old and so first we asked for a slightly higher price (around 40% less than the original). Unfortunately we didn’t get any call. It was my idea and so the Boy kept blaming me.

After two days we brought the price down by 10% more and started getting several calls. A couple of people came to check out the car. Since we were free over the weekend, we stuck ‘For Sale’ stickers and went for a drive. Basically we went to the used car showrooms to check for a buyer. On our way, we were honked and stopped by several potential buyers. Like gesturing 'How much', taking pictures, and calling on the displayed number! That was so much fun!! Actually the whole street is replete with car showrooms and so it was the best place to display a vehicle.

Nevertheless, our Hickey (LOL!) goes tomorrow morning and I am very, very sad. The new owner told the Boy that he has seen several cars in the last few days and thought this was actually very well taken care of. That felt good. I've told the Boy to give him the car with the tank full. He would feel so good by a small gesture on our part.

Anyway, I am hoping Rowdy (Double LOL!) will be as safe, pretty (or handsome) as its older sibling. Also, the Boy wanted to put the ‘Baby on Board’ sign on it. I asked for a ‘Princess on Board’ one! He has finally decided that he will put a Queen sign on my side and a Jack card on his. 

Yes, we amuse ourselves with these things!!

Say bye to my Sweetheart. I just hate to let go...

**

Yesterday I saw three labourers working downstairs in the sun. This Middle Eastern sun can be extremely trying. I felt very bad for them and wanted to give snacks and drinks. I kept thinking if they will feel bad that someone pities their state. I even took out a few cans of cola and 2 packets of namkeen but kept thinking.

After contemplating a tad too much I went down and gave the bag to the man at the reception to forward it to the labourers. I came back to see their reaction from my window. These men sat down and opened the stuff. It seemed like they started partying! I could see them smiling and chatting.

It was an awesome feeling. I even kept a big bottle of Pepsi in the fridge today for them. But before I could stop thinking and give them, their work finished and they left. 

Well, my laundry guy will be partying today.

Taking a break :)  I took this from my closed window, so, a tad hazy.




**

I think my smiles, my prizes, my luxuries are all a result of the good deeds that I sometimes do. And so, with selfish motives, I keep giving. Have you ever done anything without thinking what goes around comes around? Please teach me too.

22 comments:

  1. Thats so cool...congrats !
    Yeah it is difficult to part with cars, jewelry, sarees and pets. :-( But life goes on.
    And true what goes around comes around. But reaching out to help someone, ignore something bitter said to us, sharing something we have are all deeds that will be rewarded by The One. But we are too human to understand how He does it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think positivity attracts positivity and negativity attracts itself. That way, what goes around come around. The One has just set the system, we are the ones managing it for ourselves!

      Delete
  2. Well such selfish yet innocent motives are ok if the good deeds keep pouring :D
    What you did there was sweet! Congratulations on the winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! The Boy is scared that one day I might give away just about everything I have!! I convinced him that I'm generous in some ways but not stupid :p

      Delete
  3. Sweetuuu loved the way u ended it n yes i agree good deeds come back to us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetuuuu!!! Lol!
      I was just writing a random post... it just ended this way :)

      Delete
  4. Oh you are so sweet!!! :D

    You actually called your car 'Hickey'?? LOL. How cute are you!

    Baby on board seems apt for your Rowdy, or maybe 'Heroine alert'!! :D

    You are awesome and you deserve everything that comes your way. No luck factor here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heroine alert would be perfect!! And you're equally sweet to say such nice things. I am mean at times too.. just that I don't put that on my blog :)

      Delete
  5. That is so sweet. :) It would be nice to have a lot more people thinking like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have many generous souls around us. We just don't know it. Maybe if we talkd about it more, some people may get inspired.

      Delete
  6. The sight of those people sitting and eating to their hearts' content is so fulfilling. I am glad you made the choice, Nisha. Many congratulations on winning the speakers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And they were laughing which was such a good sight.
      Thanks, S!

      Delete
  7. Congrats Nisha! Awesome win- material objects & smiles :)
    You are such a sweet & nice person. Even I love gifting away my prizes!
    I have proudly given away many of the T-shirts, CDs & products I have won (as I win mostly consolation & sometimes nothing at all!)
    We get a lot of blessings by doing so. People have actually told me- "may you win more to gift us more!"
    Keep winning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Anita.
      Winning prizes is awesome. But now family and friends put a lot of pressure. And they don't even get excited! I'm glad you give away prizes that you win by doing hard work. We are awesome ;)

      Delete
  8. That was a very, very sweet thing you did, sending down stuff for them like that :) Not many people would <3

    And Rowdy? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well its Rowdy - The A*** ... I felt putting it out there would be showing off kinda thing :) I didnt want to send out any wrong signals.

      Delete
  9. i thought i had commented here! I came back to see the reply and then realized somehow I didnt comment.
    First of all, congrats on this prize too :) It seems like our conversation on not winning anything has shaken something loose in the person above - he's now giving more than we won before! Still, Nisha PUNJABI winning by choosing KOLKATA (dat too in that method!! ) :P Hahaha..

    Are you seriously telling me that pic is a 5 year old car.. it looks brand new!! Whats Rowdy's brand?

    As for the last bit, thats just you being you.. a sweet angel. Its a good person who worries if people will misconstrue their selfless deeds while living in a world where bad people dont worry what others think while committing heinous crimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I have lost more than I have won.. but I'm not complaining :)

      Yes that baby took us around Bahrain for five whole years.. so many memories we have with her. Rowdy - The Audi is our new buy :D Although now I'm contemplating renaming her since she's more sweet n sexy rather than rowdy. I chose that name just because I wanted something to rhyme with Audi!!!

      Anddddd... you are officially my favorite person around here. No one calls me a sweet angel :)

      Delete
  10. congratulations on the prize.. and also on the new car ..

    I know the feeling of letting go of old one, you know I have a mitsubishi which i have not driven for 4 years now as I got a new car but never had the heart to sell , so its stuck in my garage and I still wash and clean it .. I know I am a sad personality

    I was going to ask what is your new car till i read your reply above.. so congrats on that ..

    and wow good person you are .. giving those drinks .. you know it is said in indian mythology that the biggest good one can do is .. give water to the thirsty.. :) so there you go .. God bless you ..

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 years! That's a very long time to hold on to something. You should set it free.. like a dialogue in FRIENDS - You are depriving your car of its purpose in life :)

      Thankyou, Bikram, for dropping by and saying those kind words.

      Delete
    2. well it cant be sold , no one will have it I think too old, .. and i dont want to give it to the scrap yard.. :(

      Delete
  11. Double congratulations for winning and the new car too! Loved your gesture for the labourers! Seeing the smiles on those people's faces must be so fulfilling and satisfying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)