Friday, December 21, 2012

Movie Review - Dabangg 2




One of the best things about living in the Middle East is that you get to watch Bollywood flicks on Thursday. And some enthusiastic cutlets watch and write the review as soon as they come home!

So, anyway, I was excited from the word go. The mere presence of Salman Khan on the screen is a treat. I don't know when and how Salman came to this level, but he's pretty darn good! In his introductory scene, Chulbul Pandey saves a young boy from the goons. There was nothing special about the act. Yet you love every moment of it because of Salman Khan!

The entire movie is set in Kanpur. It's the usual chor-police saga with songs and action sequences thrown in at regular intervals. There are quite a few funny dialogues that can make you roll on the floor. Salman’s expressions are yet again unbeatable and he keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The story isn’t great. I missed the handsome villain from last time. Even the action sequences and dialogues of the previous film were better. Arbaz Khan hardly has a role this time. Sonakshi Sinha sucked. She is forever angry in the film! I wish someone else did 'Fevicol se' instead of Kareena - it just didn't suit her personality. The title song, however, has awesome choreography. There are a few funny scenes between Salman and Vinod Khanna that are loads of fun too.

It’s quite unbelievable that despite everything falling flat, I loved watching the movie. It’s all Salman Khan and his antics. If you’re not into him, there is nothing to look forward to. If you love him like I do, you will be smiling throughout and would yearn for Dabangg 3. Take your call. (And for your benefit, I'd hope you watch the movie!)

P.S. Funny moment from the movie:
Salman (pointing to a jar): Ye kya hai?
Man at the counter: Gulab Jamun
Salman (speaking to a cop): Gulab Jamun se yaad aaya, tumhari ma ka hernia operation theek se ho gaya?


P.P.S: My story That one Phone Call is on Indiblogger now. To take it further I need loads of good wishes and some votes. Please click here and press on the red heart. You will be showered with God's love thereafter - I promise!



13 comments:

  1. Not as good as Dabangg1... I know sequels are generally not sa good as the originals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because we always have high expectations if the prequel was good.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/22/2012

    Not a fan of Dabang franchise so it is a dud for me... you seem like a true blue salman fan :)

    Voted ma'm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I was jealous when Salman was kissing Sonakshi in the movie!!!! It's a recent crush...maybe because of Bigg Boss as well.
      And thanks a ton!When are you posting your story?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12/27/2012

      Soon soon.. working on the idea and keeping my fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  3. Not a big Salman fan! Guess I'll give this a pass! But that man maintains his body like anything! Have to give that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Salman's fanbase would be highly skewed when it comes to men v/s women! And if you're not a fan, I doubt you will like the movie much.

      Delete
  4. How did you get tickets? Here in Muscat its very hard to get tickets for any Salman film, thought Bahrain would be the same

    And best of luck for the contest, hope you win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahrain is a smallish town!! We never have to book a table, buy tickets in advance or plan ahead. You can go to the most fancy hotel and feel like the king of the world! And thats why its the best country in the Middle East :)

      Delete
  5. Can't stand the series. Sorry. :P
    I have voted for your story though. So, bless me lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I'm not a fan of stupid nonsensical movies..ye to bus Salman mania hai which a lot of guys won't relate to ;)

      Delete
    2. And thank you for your vote. I voted for you as well!!! ;)
      You shall be blessed.. keep the faith!!

      Delete
  6. Nicely written...but I dint feel it was really entertaining at some part s of the movie

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)