Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Three cheers to 2010!

Just a fortnight, and 2010 will take its last breath. It’s time to look back and see how the year was, how it changed your life and how you can make the next one even better. Or, wilder!

Yes, that’s how I look at endings. They may be sad alright, but they bring with it a new ray of hope and a feeling that the best is yet to come. So, you might have screwed up a whole lot last year, 2011 is here and you have a chance to undo a few things. Me, I loved 2010 and nothing in this world can change the better 2011 I’m about to see! Oooh, I love the positivity! Here are a few lessons learnt:

Never take hubby to a hill station. He’s annoying without beer and beach!!

Exotic travel destinations like Ladakh are breathtaking. But they don’t relax you like 3 days of fun in Dubai or 10 days of just driving around in Chandigarh.

Gadgets are not just a man’s thing. I felt like a moron while writing about electronics for a while. In the end I was enlightened and in love with them.

When God gives you a pain in the ass, he has a plan. Don’t go to him and weep. Try to look beyond and think what he might be thinking for the betterment of your ass!

Never go to Qatar and Kuwait. A few scattered buildings, extremely rich Sheikhs who make you feel like a person under poverty line and a very boring night life are a few things that make these countries useless.

Never underestimate the power of singers like Atif Aslam. Oh, I had a blast at his show!!
28 is not a year to worry about your skin like that Ponds advert proclaims (the ad is highly offensive). Just the other day a guy in his early 20’s came running after me for my phone number. He even gave me an unforgettable compliment. I would have died had a guard not been around!! Anyway, thank God for such losers!

How I met your mother, Desperate Housewives, Southpark, Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory reduce boredom and fill your life with some good humour. Sex and the City starts and ends with the same thing. Yes, I watched all the seasons of all these serials in 2010. Talk about being idle!

Emailing your friends on a regular basis is the best thing in the world. Me and my friends exchange atleast 2-3 emails every week. We are in 3 different countries yet it feels like college. Open your account and mail your friends right now!

That’s all I can think of at this point. 4 stars to my 2010! If not more, I’ll be giving atleast 4 to my 2011 as well with more travel, writing, partying, learning and much more wisdom!

How many stars will you give to yours?

4 comments:

  1. A good summation of the year. Its the disposition section i like.
    All hubbies are not so bad without a beer and beach, give them a break.
    Ladakh in 3 days, you must be kidding, even a month is less, the untouched raw beauty, thats something which one can go on with forever. May it be so always.
    Driving in chandigarh, was great about a decade or more ago, now with the circles gone and the red light .. uff i better be in the home sleeping.
    Gadgets, women and gadgets jell well, its just they want to appear cool to say its a man thing.
    God is great, he always does the best for your ass. I believe in it.
    Qatar, has good buildings and is marvel to look at, but within hours you get bored.
    The rest of the dispositions, i cant comment as i do not know much, but yes i would give 4 starts to mine and want to have 5 starts for the 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year well spent, lessons well learnt!

    And you actually watched all the seasons of all those shows?! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give 4 and a half!!! Had a grt year at college!! Its out of 5 rt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AS: guess we both have very different tastes! I went to Ladakh for 6 days and since the climate didnt suit my husband, we didnt have a very good holiday.

    @D: yes D.. I did!! when u are in a hotel for a few weeks, these things are ur only support. unless u are determined to write. someone I'm not so much right now!

    @Rohan: thats the good part about endings.. there is a lot of positivity in the air. Either its in contemplation or in anticipation!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)