Monday, March 30, 2020

Theme Reveal - #AtoZchallenge - Travel Stories from Across the World


I can safely say that me and the Boy have traveled far and wide. In our 11 years of marriage, we have covered 34 countries together. Not that I am counting, I just love to keep track… in my dedicated excel sheet!!

So, for the 2020 A to Z blogging challenge, I have decided to write something about the places we have traveled to. I will write about the stories from those places rather than what I saw. My dad asked me once - every place has the same mountains and lakes, why do you like to travel so much? To this I replied – I travel for the experiences. It keeps me motivated to stay healthy. I see, I feel, and that’s how I learn.

We are a child-free couple living in the Middle East, more specifically, in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We moved here in 2009, three months after getting married. We both were 26 at the time. Having grown up in a business family of the 90’s, I never had a yearning to do a corporate job. That, and a rare form of muscular weakness always kept me from going out and working. I kept writing bits and pieces, made a comfortable home for the two of us, researched on investments (I have a finance degree!!), and extensively planned all our travels.

We both love to explore new places. Even on weekends we make it a point to try out at least one new restaurant in the city. Believe me, that is not hard given the number of choices we have these days. Newness keeps us interested and makes us interesting! I even tried to start Instagramming like a food blogger, but you see, ironically food bloggers are foodies and yet they have the patience to click pictures before they devour what they see on the table. I am neither crazy about high calorie food, nor a patient photographer!

Anyway, I digress. The new cities that we travel to give our life the spice that it has. We go with high expectations and come back with beautiful memories. We talk about them for years – before going and after returning. And then there are so many other things that we bring back.

For this challenge I will write about what came back with me. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, we travel for the experiences! 34 countries in 11 years is a lot! That's amazing! I hope to do the same with my partner some day :D

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)