Tuesday, October 16, 2018

An Ode to #TheBlindList


What do you want for your 10th anniversary?
A diamond, a watch or a blackberry?

I think I want a vacation that is oh-so-dreamy
In a land where I can feel like a princess, or a fairy!!


Your wish is my command, now pack your bags
We leave in a week – don’t forget the name-tags.

Where are we going - how can you plan so soon?
See, it has to be perfect, just like our honeymoon.

Be openminded and leave your worries behind
I promise you magic. Perfection? – that you can find.

We board the plane in a week, Lufthansa it is. 
Are we going to Germany? One hint please?

Yes my dear, but I myself don’t know exactly where
We will pick up a car at Frankfurt, and then see from there.

We have no hotels booked, don’t know which city? 
You want to start a trip with a fight? Oh, what a pity! 

We always had a bucket list, it is time to spice it up
Say yes to #TheBlindList, c’mon, buckle up! 



I have Goosebumps, my heart is racing
For an unusual, unplanned trip, my mind is bracing.

It is not that hard, just fill your eyes with wonder
Magic will take over, your worries will go under!


I am trusting your gut, let’s try this one time
If it doesn’t work, repercussions shall be prime!

Haha! Let’s disembark and pick up our reserved car
Believe you me, romance is not that far!



The drive is so scenic, is it all along the Autobahn?
The hills are so pretty, I wish I could just roll on!!

We will do that, and everything else you want to do
That's the beauty of this trip - explore things that are new.


So we stop at Wuzburg, then where do we go?
Is there a B & B, a motel or a hotel that we know?

We will see what we want, we will stop when we please
There are little towns in this country – we shall explore with ease.

The roads are so smooth, the towns are so quaint 
Alas I am not an artist, or this picture I could paint!

If you had known before, it might have been different
See you blindly followed my ploy, now you are content!


We stay in Wuzburg, we see the Residential palace 
We drive to Rothenburg, where I really feel like Alice!

On our way to Nuremburg, we will drive by a lake 
Do you want to stop there and try the black-forest cake?


I will do whatever feels good, this journey seems perfect
Why plan for tomorrow, right now, lets just get clicked!



Looks like you have a crush on this Romantic Road
Your eyes are so dreamy, you seem ready to pen an Ode!

I want to take a dip in the lake, and climb the rolling hills
I want to walk into that stable, and check out those wind mills.

Lets do that while we drive towards the majestic alps
See the road signs for Romantic Strasse? - we don’t need any maps!



Are we heading to Neuschwanstein? I have seen it in Disney
I already feel like a QUEEN, this is a very happy anniversary!

We sing songs along the way, we eat at random stops 
We dance like Bollywood stars without the usual props!

We see a number of Churches, the architecture wows us
This world is so beautiful, a nice travel partner is an added bonus!



Bucket List or The Blind one - which one is your favourite now?
Where do you want to go next so that you can say WOW!?

First I want to say Thanks, for making me see this side of me.
As for a place, TOGETHER is my favourite place to be!



#SayYesToTheWorld ..Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)