Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Voices in my Head


They tell me it is ok
Then they tell me it is not
When I look out for explanations
They tell me they are a confused lot.

‘Oh how convenient,’
I tell them out loud
Then they laugh at my misery
Tearing me apart, Making me not so proud.

These voices in my head
I wonder if you can hear 
Only if you did
I wouldn’t be someone you could bear...

These voices in my head
Do you have them too?
How do you push them away
So that you can be you?

'I am better than these voices,'
I sometimes calm myself and say
This is, ofcourse, yet another voice from my head
Which tried to be kind to me today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the voices in myhead make me mad at times! But yes, who are we humans without a constant flow of thoughts? Some make sense, some don't. But what matters is our ability to seperate the chaff from the grain, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its your inner voice. Very few can hear them :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)