Sunday, August 7, 2016

Musings of a Starved Soul!


*My morning started with Lauki and amla juice today. This yum concoction was recommended by Naturopathy doctors a long time back. I thought it was time to bring some zing back into my life and try the amazing diet for a few days. I’ll share the details and results with you for sure – how I lost a few kilos and gained a Katrina-like glow!

That was sarcasm; just clarifying for the innocent ones.

* The next thing was replying to some friendship day messages. Over the years this day has lost its charm. Now we are more into mother’s day and valentine’s day – I wonder why though! Friends are my most cherished possessions. I share much more with them than I share with my mother. These friends have become mothers though and they kind of enjoy the attention they get on this particular day. Love has become a common, a taken for granted thing – yet come valentine’s day and there is so much pressure on the Boy. I think it is time to bring some zing back into Friendship day as well!

We should have reunions on this day. Like I haven’t met my besties since forever now. I chat with them on a regular basis, but who knows, they might have gotten weird personally! Then slots for new besties will open up and life will become cool again.

Oh yes, that is total crap. Maybe it is the lauki juice talking.

* I am very weird without plans. Since my Portugal-Spain trip, I don’t know where we are going to go next. During the last few days I have seen and planned for 4 destinations but none seem to be working out according to the Boy’s comfort. He’s getting old and finds road and air journey’s a total pain. He’s been driving me nuts because of this. He tells me I’m the one who’s acting like a spoilt brat by pushing holidays on him. I’ll tell him what a spoilt brat is – just let this lauki juice kick in, the mood swings would be very hard to deal with. He will need new phrases to describe me.


* After completing the book on a Korean girl’s journey tofreedom, I’ve started a book on these Sudan boys. I’m just travelling through the miseries of the world to count my blessings. When I read these books I realise how little I know and how difficult the world is for some people.

Suddenly the lauki juice doesn’t sound that bad. I have food to eat, a bed to sleep on, love to hang on to, friendships to cherish, trips that I can plan and a laptop to type this post and save it for posterity.

I cannot ask for more. Except – please God, let these next few days of eating cow food pass quickly. I’ll need a lotttt of help! 

Yeah, the feeling of being blessed die down quickly when you constantly hear a certain gurr-gurr sound in your tummy!


1 comment:

  1. hahahaha...of course ! Hunger makes civil people savage! Remember Madagascar?

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)