Friday, July 17, 2015

Eid Break

I did not know I liked traveling till I started doing so. As kids we traveled to Nainital and Mussourie and that was it. When I was an adult, I had a fortune of having a cousin getting married in Dubai, so we visited her place. When I was 23, my uncle decided to be brave and take all his nieces for a trip to the Far East. We had fun; I am sure he did NOT!

When we were getting married, the Boy's job was a tad uncertain. He was so worried about everything that we didn't even plan a honeymoon. A wise person told me that no matter what, you must go on a honeymoon. And so, I persuaded the Boy to atleast buy the tickets. Eventually we did manage to go with just our tickets in our hands and still Goa was perfect.

We were in India back then. Within 2 months of our wedding, we moved to Bahrain. This was a whole new experience for me. I was awe-struck with every aspect of a foreign country. Even though I had visited a few before, living in one was a totally new thing. For the first one year while we were discovering each other we ended up discovering the place as well!

Not only that, we went to Qatar and Kuwait in the process. The Boy worked in a consulting firm and his job required him to travel. He made sure he was given an extra ticket for my visit as well! I learnt how to live in hotel apartments and cook on one electric stove.

Our second holiday was to Ladakh. We initially thought of going to Kashmir but they had security concerns that time. And so, just on a whim, we went to Leh. It was a beautiful place but both me and the Boy had health problems there. When they say it is not for everyone, they are not lying.

Another trip to Dubai with free accommodation at the dear cousin’s place was made that year. Since this time I was with the Boy, the trip was more awesome. Very soon he changed his job and our travel map widened. He had more leaves and we had a little extra money to cover foreign locations.

Our first real trip abroad was France and Switzerland. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed that vacation. I think Europe is really God’s favorite child and He has showered all his blessings on that land. I loved Paris and Nice so much that I wish to spend half our old age there!!

We’ve been to Turkey, U.S.A., Austria, Greece, and Bangladesh after that. Every vacation has been like a dream that I wish never ended. The moment I enter a town I fear that time will fly very soon and I will have to go back home. But it is that fear that makes me love every moment of my journey and motivates me to do everything in my power to embark on the next one. Silly how we constantly need motivation to take life that way.

I’ve been reading tales of people who quit their jobs for the love of traveling. I am not sure how anyone can do that because it can really put your entire future in danger. I, too, believe in living life to the fullest but that doesn’t mean we should shun all responsibilities and go on a world tour!

Anyway, the grapes are sour this side. If I did have the money and security, I would spend all my life in different corners of the world! But since we are normal people with normal amount of security and money, we are just taking a small vacation. I’ll see you on the other side of this week when I come back from Cyprus. Wish me happiness!


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/17/2015

    This was a post to make us all feel jealous? :-(
    Well you succeeded...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hon, this is just to inspire you for your future endeavours!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7/19/2015

      I know :-D
      You wait for my travelling posts, 10 years from now :-D

      Delete
  2. Have a super duper time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the Right Thing and one day when both of you would turn 60 and look at each other and say - Hell Yeah ..we lived our Life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a wonderful time!! :)

    And Rupasi is right, going all green now and not in a good way :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to travel as well. Seriously, the two of us have to work hard and earn each vacation. Wish I were a billionaire...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nisha
    I can just connect with you after reading your blog about travelling with your husband to so many places right from Bangladesh to Turkey. Your spirit of adaptability to all the places in the world has made me realize how it is important to travel but also keep your job intact.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)