Saturday, September 10, 2011

Movie Review - Mere Brother ki Dulhan



If anyone ever follows my Hindi movie reviews on this blog he would know I'm a fan of nonsensical entertaining love stories! I hate the ones which try too hard to create humour (Ready, Houseful, etc etc), but if it's a decent film, with naturally funny situations, a good cast and light entertainment, I recommend it.

And so I recommend Mere Brother ki Dulhan. It's a cute movie with a love story with a twist. The actors are quite charming (I'm beginning to like Imran Khan!) Most of the situations don't make sense to a normal person, but then in Bollywood, who cares! (Like how wedding cards are published after the bride and groom have reached the guest house!!!Like how Katreena manages to kidnap a sleeping Imran and drag him around town for a whole night!!! Like how everything falls in place to suit the love birds!)

You know who will marry whom from the very beginning. But still the movie is racy and keeps you gripped. I remember laughing really hard atleast twice in the movie and I smiled quite a bit (but then I'm always smiling :P)

Ah, the review is slightly confusing so you'll need to judge the movie yourself. I would definitely want you to go though :)

2 comments:

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)