Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Happy Begining


I dont know from where to start - the wedding, the honeymoon, the vacations, the present or the future. It all seems like one big dream. I have forgotten my life before 7th dec 2008. No, its not Ghajini fever. Its just, Im living in a different era from the last one which, surprisingly, seems like someone else's life.

So like all annoying baraats, this one arrived late as well. Like always I was at the venue even before the guests! My parlour had some 20 brides getting dressed. That made me feel like someone not-so-special. And it assured me that I need not worry for there are loads of people who go through the same nervousness. Yeah, I was all chirpy thereafter.

While waiting I had the yummy grub and chatted with all my friends who had taken efforts to come from various places. I met friends and cousins whom I had not met in ages. I agree that Indian weddings are a big waste of money. But the kind of emotional bonding it brings about is worth admiring. Anyway, I had lost track of time and had a gala time. After all, it was my BIG day!

And then the Dulha arrived. I could see his sweet smile under the sehra that really bugged him. I had heard somewhere that one of the best moments in a wedding is when the groom and the bride look at each other. Oh, I saw a lot of love :)

Picutres with friends and family followed and then the wedding ceremony started. I love it when the pandit explains each and everything thats being done. Our pandit was nice too. Although he got me really emotional! Then came the toughest part - saying goodbye. I cried like a baby and the Boy counted how many else were crying!

It's strange with us girls. The moment I said goodbye and went to His house, I was like I belonged there. Sometimes I feel guilty of not missing my house, family and friends. At the same time I feel proud to have found a husband, a family, a house that doesnt make me miss my past. My new parents are one of the best in-laws I have seen in my lifetime. The Boy has been a sweetheart. He's getting use to a responsibility and he doesnt seem to mind it. Guess he's growing up!!

What should I say about our honeymoon. I'm sure I will never have a vacation as beautiful as that one. Everything in Goa was perfect. The hotel, the beach, the weather, the cruise, the food,the beer and everything else you can associate with Goa and a honeymoon ;)

We also took a short Jaipur-Ajmer trip. And now we are planning to temporarily settle down. I dont look like a new bride at all except for the red bangles in my hand. I'm still the same pyjama t-shirt girl I use to be. I help my mom-in-law in the kitchen, take care of the house, wait for my hubby and touch feet of loads of people. But that doesnt make me feel any different.

Thats how happy I am after a month of my wedding. And I really cant believe my luck... :)

Hope to be back soon. Till then, Happy writing!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Nisha, Congratulations and all the best. Funny, you still mention him as 'Boy'! You are a good person, Nisha. It is natural you will be happy always!God bless you!

    Sandhya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/09/2009

    Oh wow, that is so inspiring. So many things I can relate to. But the one thing I do to most, is that no matter how many different things I do, I don't feel any different in myself.

    It was so nice to read your story. Hope you are enjoying yourself. Congratulations on a good wedding and an even better marriage thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey congrats on ur wedding...n m glad to read dat u njyn life after it..m so scared on dis shadi business...hawf!

    hey pls do visit my blog if u can spare sme time...wud like u to comment on my recent post on the big fat weddings...since u hav just been thru it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I too have such fond memories of my wedding day. Enjoy your honeymoon phase, make it last forever! You look so pretty in the picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/17/2009

    hey! Congratulations! :) Wish you all the best and all the happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sandhya: thanks a lot :)
    i think he is still a boy..n like i mentioned...he's growing up :D

    @det-res: thankyou so much!maybe thats our greatness...lol..or maybe whatever we do we do it with very less expectations...and that makes life simpler..right?

    @shakti: dont be scared...its not as bad as it sounds :)

    @sinusoidally and siropdevanille: thanks a lot both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mubarak ho mubarak ho!! Ms deeply- in- love nikki ji sada aise hee rahe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah wah good story. you sound like a good bahu and patni. hope you both keep this honeymoon phase alive forever.
    loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1/22/2009

    just bumped along randomly moving through blogs and landed here...congratulations and warm wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dont know why, but i keep coming to ur blog:) beautiful post and beautiful emotions:)
    Wish u a very happy married life !

    ReplyDelete
  11. @my space...the dhanyawad to you!!

    @deeply dip..so u came and commented..hehe!thankss

    @mentalsyrup: keep coming back :)

    @Renu: thats really sweet of u..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh man!!! great to read ur blog after sooo long....feel so connected again!!! :)

    thk this is ur best one till date...

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratss...good blog yours..congrats 4 that too and good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!!! I posted a comment on your previous post and kept checking back. But decided you werent going to return! What a pleasant surprise! You look beautiful Nisha! Absolutely stunning! I`m so glad you`re having a great time. This is possibly one of the best phases in marriage :) Savor every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey.. jus came in popping and wat a surprise... wat can be purfect than this...lets talk sooon...lol:)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)