Thursday, November 13, 2008

Changes

As time goes by and life meanders into a new era altogether, I think of the numerous emotions a girl goes through when she is getting married. She blushes when her fiance's name comes up, her eyes are filled with tears when they discuss that she'll soon go away, she has a sinking feeling whenever she attends a wedding, she's joyous when she thinks of all the new things that are going to happen to her, she gets upset when she thinks of all the sacrifices the parents have to make for her, she is proud when they talk about everything that is perfect....

These and a lot of emotions fill a girl's heart. And when they get mixed up, the feeling is absolutely blank. Really, it is Blank.

I wonder if it's that big a deal. Everyone gets married. Then why do I feel so 'out-of-the-world'? I'm sure I'll be laughing at myself a few days later when I think of the past. But right now, I feel Blank.

And when I think of the era that was, I wonder if the next step would be as beautiful. I remember changing schools, houses,colleges, friends, love interests. I remember I was afraid to embark on a new journey everytime. I remember being nervous about the future. But then...I also remember settling down, cherishing and living every moment there on. I never ever thought that yesterday was better than the present.

God has been kind. And changes have been always for the best. I'll be alright! Moreover, I have my Mr.Right with me to take care of that :)


p.s.This is more of a 'Dear Diary' kind of a post, nevertheless...

4 comments:

  1. Hey..yes we all are so overwhelmed at times..so full of emotions and yet so empty! it`s all a part of pre wedding jitters..everything will work out fine..so dream on and keep smilin:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog and this post happened to keep my interest. A week before I got married I would snap at people, get cranky, cry at the drop of a hat. Then the house flooded with relatives and there was joy and smiles and the house became a wedding home! It was not the easiest of times as I saw 25 years of my life being packed in cardboard cartons because I was soon moving out. MIXED ...so mixed was I that I was truly BLANK! Here is a piece on my blog that echoes what you wrote in your post:

    http://anchoredtothesun.blogspot.com/search?q=quarter+century

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so familiar....may be for everyone at the verge of taking the BIG plunge in life. We never know how our new life is going to be, with so many unfamiliar changes we are going to face. I remember not sleeping for many days before the D-day.

    My niece packed all the school books, records, cassettes and what not, before marriage itself, as if she is not going to come back home again...she was going to just the next State after marriage!

    When you are so much familiar with your Mr. Right, it is going to be fun and your mind is going to be overflowing....with happiness, Nisha! No more BLANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)