Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dimple chin, rosy lips...


I love kids.

I adore the shiver when we hold them when they are just born. Just love the way they hold our fingers when they are a few days old. It's amazing the way they smile when we make funny faces, the way they have that out-of-the-world baby smell, the way they take our name when they have just learnt how to utter mumma,papa and paani, how their little peck on the cheek feels better than a million dollars and how a little hug from them changes entire day.

And I hate kids when they just wont eat, sleep or call out for their mother incessantly! It's surprising how this brings out the most creative side to your personality. Like day before yesterday, I sang nani teri morni ko mor le gaye for more than an hour just so my two-year-old niece could sleep! I am no singer, but boy, I didn't stop till she closed her eyes and started to sing this song in her sleep!!! And you should see our entire family making stories to make her eat - I always thought writers are gifted, but then, it seems to me, everyone is gifted - you just need a kid for inspiration!

It's crazy how these sweethearts laugh on anything and everything. Like when you rub your nose on their stomach! Like when you make silly awkward noises that you wouldn't dare to make in a public place! The best one is peekaboo - they(and you) never get enough of it!

Oh,I just love these small wonders. Especially for the way we are when we are with them, especially the way they change our entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)