Monday, January 28, 2008

Random Realisation

Recently I've been discovering a new side to me. Ironically, through facebook!

If you haven't checked out the scrabulous application, then u must do it as soon as possible for they are going to remove it soon. I know there are several online options available, but it's a different high to play on that.

Anyways, I've won 2 games and lost 1. I'm sure had I played 'on board' I would have lost the first two as well. But the interesting thing is when I was losing it, I became all cranky and irritable! I started screaming on the boy (yeah, he was winning, doesn't know his vowels from his consonants im sure..lol!). I started calling him names and how he is cheating and using all the opportunities I'm giving him. Although I did the same thing with the other person, yet I hated it when it happened to me.

Then he tells me, "Tell me what you've got, and I'll tell you a better word". And sweeter still was when he said, 'Ok, I'll play your game and you play mine from now." As sweet as it may sound,(and that proves how much I was screaming!!) it makes me feel guilty. I'm sure everyone likes to win, but with a loved one, shouldn't the case be different?

A similar thing happens when I'm at work. I want to share responsibilities with my friends, but I need to win there too. I need to do get the best assignment, the best client, the best candidates and the best opportunities! If anything goes wrong I sulk. Thankfully, my friends don't know of this as yet.

Not that I'm a perfectionist, but I guess I'm getting there. I hate perfectionists for they are so rigid!

Finally, through this post I've realized that I have double standards of the highesttttttttttt degree!!!!! (and I will never admit that!)

Enough about me, so did you lose to scrabulous today? Maybe I can play with you then! :D

5 comments:

  1. i have played and lost and won and lost. but i prefer the real interaction. also that lets me cheat.
    ah yes, double standards. hmmm. no. i mean. yes. er...there's no absolute is there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally identify with you, I love to emerge winner in personal and professional situations, and it makes me irritable when I dont! Wonder if this is a Scorp trait that's showing in both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-awareness is a rare trait, I believe. But if you have it in you, you could also have the power to change what you may not like about yourself.

    And hey, your post title is sooooooo close to my last one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @phish: well...i guess everyone is this world have double standards at some point or the other..so doesnt matter!

    @still searching: thank god u came up with that...im sure its a scorp trait! (its so much easier when u can blame it on the sunsign!!!)

    @d:i dont really hate double standards..just that i dont like being caught :)
    yeah i know... cudnt think of a title...infact didnt pay much attention also

    ReplyDelete
  5. at some point in life, we all have double standards. multiple, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)