Monday, September 24, 2007

Way to go India!


Rare moments need to be captured...and so I'll pen down this!

I was a huge cricket fan some years back. Remember the fervor that gripped India when the world cup was held here? Yeah, I was a part of it. I made posters at home, wore India's t-shirt(still do...lol!) and was always glued to the tv set when our matches were on.

And slowly the charm faded due to the disgraceful performances. After World cup 2007, I can't even remember when I saw a match.

But there's something about 20-20 that calls out for your attention. The pace, the pressure, the nerve wrenching phases...that's what a game is all about. Cricket is normally so slow that it's easy to get distracted when your team isn't doing well. With 20-20, you watch, you experience and you forget. Now I understand why faster games are more popular.

The matches against Pakistan, England, South Africa and Australia were all awesome.And the finale today...a roller coaster ride as always. I wonder what Paki did wrong to deserve this!And I seriously think what did we do right to beat every country thats worth its money!

So 20-20 for me is all about the fun. I don't think Dhoni really means it when he says 'I dont really care what happens in the end...' coz of course it matters. But I love the guy. He's sweet and positive. The way Sreesanth looks at the players; it makes you laugh out loud but then, other players do it too...way to go! I loved the dance by Bhajji...the bowl out by India was fun...Yuvi's sixes were a delight...and so was R.P Singh's bowling(he's from UP...cool!)

So I'm back...like a fair weather friend...I'm a cricket fan again! Way to go India...after all, we've won the first Gen Nextt cricket tournament. Don't count on it as such...come Saturday and we're meeting Australia. That will tell how big a fan I am...or the Indian population is!

You gave us some super cool moments and for that we grant you a celebrity status for 5 big days...And you're welcome!!!

5 comments:

  1. It was an awesome delight. I spent one of my best week 'off'. I could not have asked for more.

    There were some moments which I could never forget, Shreesanth getting Hayden out, then Karthik pulling off that amazing catch to dismiss Smith, Run outs by Sharma and Uthapa. Yuvraj's six sixes.

    Somewhere I feel like 1983 being revisited, I just hope this continues, it makes me feel good to see this cricket crazy nation happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last two lines: speak volumes about us Indians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the post..
    i am happy everyone is so glad that we could see india win a worldcup in our lifetime! hope this was not the last..
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are already commanding 2 crore worth of annual endorsement deals. Hope that would've a positive effect. Hockey players are going on a hunger strike. Well I think after defeating a team like S.Korea in final of asia cup they also deserved some goodies. all in all a great month. think of it. an asia cup in hockey, a nehru cup in soccer and the world cup.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)